The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which effect is the strongest? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Juble
I know that Pinnacle and CMH are different effects but I was wondering if anyone had used both and which one they thought played the strongest?

I have already got Pinnacle down and couldn't decide whether to try and learn CMH. I didn't want to overplay the linking genre.

Cheers
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Why not learn both and see for yourself?
(There is much to learn, even if you end up performing only one of the two routines)

What might worked better for one person might NOT work as well for someone else. And everyone has different tastes.

And not everyone as the same presentation either, so you cannot compare oranges and apples!

And Pinnacle is multiphased, while CMH is not...

My 2 cents

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
CMH is the one people ask to see again - but they both play together CMH then pinnacle or pinnacle then CMH - I sometimes finish with stargazer...

CMH is a MUST - possibly one of the greatest tricks ever - it really does look like magic - specs just can't work it out...

BTW - Pinnacle, I use a keyring so they think I could be threading the band - a solid band for my mind and specs is impossible and therefore dismissed as an obvious illusion.

CMH doesn't seem to have this problem - they are just stunned... they know its impossible but extremely openly you do it again and again...
catch you later

Clarioneer
Lagrange
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Lagrange
CMH is a great effect, and a must in any rubber band repertoire IMHO.
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Juble
Thanks for the advice guys. I've just ordered CMH and I imagine I'll probably end using both.
Lagrange
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Lagrange
Good call. Don't close with them both, though. Break them up.

If you want to use one for a closer I'd suggest Pinnacle over CMH.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
CMH is the grandaddy of all effects using two rubberbands, Pinnacle is a multi phased ring and rubberband routine. You could play these as two totally seperate effects or seque from CMH to Pinnacle quite easily.
Don't forget my effect "The Joining" which is a single band and ring link. This would be perfect as a closed for either of these other routines.

Jeff Pierce

http://www.members.aol.com/jeffpiercemagic/magic.html
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which effect is the strongest? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL