The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I.C.C.U and the Mullica Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
I have owned the Mullica Wallet for over several years and never performed it. Mainly, cuz I get HUGE reactions on Mystery Box and Card through the Window. Both, I believe are the same effect, a card to impossible location. I enjoyed the idea of 'Any card to Any wallet', but didn't feel to comfortable performing it for everyone. Not all guys own or carry a wallet that I need to make sure that the effect would be surefire.

I really enjoyed Eugene Burger's handling of the Mullica Wallet, but wanted something more clean. I was recently hired for a magic show, pure walkaround, through a crowd of hundreds of spectators. I'm used to walkaround, at least, with a table. This was a special fair type situation, where I was literally, 'In the Trenches' performing. I decided to combined the I.C.C.U for a clean card loss and then a Tom Mullica wallet presentation. I must say it worked perfect. If any of you are scared of the primary push your own card in the cards, as the dirty work is done, don't be. It passes right by then.

The presentation that I presented was, as they placed the card back to the deck, I suggested that a lot of spectators question whether the card is still there. Pushing the card forward and showing the card, then I state that I'm going to place the card in the middle, but I will let you do that. If needed more time, I will ask if the person is left-hand/right-handed and to push the card into the pack with your left/right forefinger. I felt this distracted them a bit more while the other hand did the dirty work. Then I would be looking at them pushing the card in (misdirection) and then I would stated that your card is now 16th from the top, placing the cards in the middle of the other cards (in the left hand), that I now added 12 cards on top of it, making your card the 28th card from the top. How could I know this? I'm a professional (laugh) But, now I will have you shuffle the deck, handing over the deck with both hands empty. After the shuffle, perhaps the card was shuffled to the top, I would show the top, second, third cards (doing so retrieve the card through the I.C.C.U) as I was showing the bottom cards to the left. Explaining not on top or bottom, must be in the middle, you would agree? And they would. But then I would as if the card was the favorite card (reguardless of what they would say) I would show my hand is empty and in my back pocket was a wallet, with one blue card. What do you think the card is? Reguardless, I would say no it's a joker. Then, I would show the second wallet and pull out their signed card.

Notes:
I really feel now days, people are on to magicians. Now matter how good you do a pass, or a false shuffle, nothing is a good as a shuffle from the spectator. Cause lets face it, people know your the magician and you have to do something. So, I sat on the Mullica wallet for a long time, but when it came to a standard, true walkaround show, where you can't reload, no tables, and under the sun. Limits me to various effects that work at all angles and the conditions. This was the best workaround for me. I didn't get caught and the presentation was a good solid 5 minutes that was very, very clean and open. They picked, signed the card, they pushed it back, they shuffled deck. Your hands empty and the signed card comes out of a second wallet with a zipper. You can't beat it.

I just thought I would share my experience this weekend and suggest anyone to try to utilize the I.C.C.U with the Mullica wallet for a great result. It was very fun and will now find itself in my standard walkaround set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I.C.C.U and the Mullica Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL