We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Radioactive card shark arrested in northern Vietnam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3116 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Thanks Ron.

I think Steve Forte mentions this idea in some book. Myself, I've been searching something like that for years. But problems to solve are tremendous! The equipment must be very reliable and it's not something you do overnight. Besides, it's quite a dangerous idea...

60ev is enormous, those guys are crazy!
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
The method is also mentioned in one of the novels by James Swaine. Not sure if it was before his plots started jumping the shark.

Best regards,
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Can cause birth defects, sounds like a real good idea-not Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
60Ev is above the number whereupon the very structure of your DNA is permanently altered.

So on the one hand you might become The Incredible Hulk...but far more likely you'll just drop dead after playing about 40 hands.

Nasty.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2477 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
The idea I a lot older than that...I remember John Scarne discussing it in a book at least 45 years ago.
Long Island,

New York
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3116 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hey Jeff, I never said Forte was the first one Smile.

There are many sources older than Forte. If my memory serves good, a French Magician named Gerard Majax talks about it in his book, in 1975 or 1977. But who knows him here? Still from memory, I wonder if a system like that was not sold in some old crooked equipment catalogs, far before 60's...

Scarne? Hmm, it doesn't ring a bell. You have a reference?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2477 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I think it was Scarne's Complete Guide to Gambling OR a Book by Livingston call Beat the Cheat or something like that.
A very long time ago for me to remember exactly.

I have to dig up the books from my library.
Long Island,

New York
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
I don't know of many sources discussing radioactive systems that are older than Steve's publications. Gerard Majax's book shows a very large and bulky set, but I have no idea how practical a system like that would ever be. Modern radioactive systems are much, much smaller and smarter in a way. Somewhere near the size of a cuff holder "holdout". There are applications for both cards and dice. I keep my sets with lots of lead shielding.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Radioactive card shark arrested in northern Vietnam (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL