The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Deck Switch (113 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
SCOOP!

This is something brand new that is supposed to be coming out in a couple of months. It's called the Flash Deck Switch. It's by my good friend Rich Piccone and Shin Lim. It will be released through Murphy's Magic as a DVD and gimmick.

This deck switch it really clever. If I ever needed a deck switch, I would use this one. It's not the easiest to do, but once you have it down, you'll have it down. It's simple to execute, just a little knacks at first. The method is something very new. I've never seen anything like it. Very interesting concept.

I believe you recieve every thing you need to start making the gimmick. Once you know the concept, you can make the gimmick using any deck of cards that you want.

Here's the teaser. (With some great quotes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ydsgyRPLB8&feature=youtu.be
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Looks similar to the cooler concept. I hope I'm wrong or at least I hope it's easier. Looks very convincing though. Thanks Maddy. Actually having just read the comments by Shim, this is not similar to the cooler concept at all. Good news.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1141 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Seems interesting.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Axman
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Axman
It looks like the deck penetrating the box
The discrepancy is pretty huge. Even with misdirection I think you'd realise " something" had happened with that handling.
Looks clever but I'm just not sure about it as a deck switch.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4288 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
This is actually really cool, there is something called misdirection we magicians use do the discrepancy here is easily covered.
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, Blindside785 wrote:
This is actually really cool, there is something called misdirection we magicians use do the discrepancy here is easily covered.

Please don't use those big words around here Blindside. People won't like it.

(I'd add a smiley thing at the end there...but I hate em and I'm not 12...so I won't)
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Looks like the box wraps around the deck. Can you use this with a Bicycle box?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, mysticalsales wrote:
Looks like the box wraps around the deck. Can you use this with a Bicycle box?

The gimmick can be whatever case you want
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's good to know.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
It looks similar to the concept of Cooler , I agree . However the edges of the card box seem more convincing than that of the cooler . I just felt so .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, CarlMcCoy wrote:
(I'd add a smiley thing at the end there...but I hate em and I'm not 12...so I won't)

I am curious , how is a smiley face related to 12 years old ?

- Albert Einstein
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
It looks similar to the concept of Cooler , I agree . However the edges of the card box seem more convincing than that of the cooler . I just felt so .

It's COMPLETELY different than the cooler in method.

:)

(I'll use a smiley because I like them and I'm only 17)
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Smile) me too and I'm 47.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Ok then Smile ...

I said it looks similar to the Cooler method . I didn't say it's the same . If you know the method for Cooler , it's one goes in and one goes out . And for this I am pretty sure it is also one goes in and one goes out .

- Albert Einstein
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, pegasus wrote:
:-)) me too and I'm 47.

... I am above 47 - but that's not the reason that I am NOT using it... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4178 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I am 54 and I do not use a smiley because I am too old to learn how to put one on plus I would not use one anyway,lol
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
Ok then Smile ...

I said it looks similar to the Cooler method . I didn't say it's the same . If you know the method for Cooler , it's one goes in and one goes out . And for this I am pretty sure it is also one goes in and one goes out .

Nothing goes in or out like in the cooler. You can't compare them because they are completely different. The only similarity is that they are both deck switches Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
Ok then Smile ...

Nothing goes in or out like in the cooler. You can't compare them because they are completely different. The only similarity is that they are both deck switches Smile

You seem so confident of the working ... Anyway I will wait for reviews once this comes out . If it is a completely different working than the cooler , I will give this a go .

On a side note , I am still pretty sure that my guess is correct . However , let's not argue here . Appreciate the nice new switch that Shin Lim put out . However it just seem pretty weird to the spectator that you are holding a card box in some time . But still , the switch looks pretty flawless .

I think I should use a smiley face from now ... Smile

- Albert Einstein
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4680 Posts

Profile of videoman
Have to agree that the trailer makes it appear to be an improved version of the Cooler.
But if Christian Engblom endorses it then I would presume it must be a very different method.
Plus, Maddy says it is completely different and he seems to be a pretty honest guy so I'm sure it is.
I will check it out when it becomes available.
I can always use a good self-contained deck switch.

Are any gimmicks used in the decks themselves or can they both be totally regular decks allowing you complete freedom before and after?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Deck Switch (113 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL