The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..25..38..51..64..77..79~80~81 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, bishthemagish wrote:

Getting back to DC and Marvel I like the animated Batman, Batman beyond and the Justice league as well as Young Justice series that came out a few years ago.

Like the TV vs. movie situation DC has the advantage when it comes to the TV series, Marvel when it comes to the feature length stuff.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
DC' movies like the Man of steel and the Dark Knight Batman series were in my opinion some of the worst superhero movies ever made. Badly written, and they were way to long - and in my opinion there is nothing worse than a long badly written movie that goes on and on with one badly written moment after another.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, bishthemagish wrote:
DC' movies like the Man of steel and the Dark Knight Batman series were in my opinion some of the worst superhero movies ever made. Badly written, and they were way to long - and in my opinion there is nothing worse than a long badly written movie that goes on and on with one badly written moment after another.

Yep

Let's face it we go to see such movies for the action. The subplot(s) should always take a back seat to the fight scenes.

Avenger 2 coming soon to a theatre near you!
Can't wait.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
I always loved the old Superman show when he would take six bullets in the chest, and then duck when they threw the gun.

This only happened "once" in the entire series. This happened when Phyllis Coates (The first Lois Lane) was part of the Superman cast. And it was before Noel Neill took over as Lois.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Just can't admit you were wrong can you?

I don't care if it happened once, I still liked it and found it funny. It has nothing to do with who played Lois. Get over yourself.

Again is this another example of you being professional?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Rant on - and on - and on and on Danny.

I have already responded to all of this above. I care little when unprofessional back stabbers insult me.

It indeed shows my professionalism in the way I have responded. Thanks for proving my point about professionalism and being a professional. I am so glad that I always take the high road.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes I believe it does level of professionalism.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You can't say he "never" ducked because obviously he did. You can't say he "always" ducked because I saw a sequence where he didn't. (I wish I could find it.) Apparently there was at least one sequence with Phyliss Coates (1st television Lois) where he ducked and apparently Noel Neil (1st serial Lois and 2nd television Lois) never saw him duck.

Can that be it now?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I sure can't figure out why anyone would redirect the thread for those comments but whatever floats his boat.

Now has anyone kept up with The Flash or Gotham or Arrow? I caught most of them in the Dominican Republic believe it or not and really liked them. Haven't seen the end of the season yet on any of them.

Now I have not seen agents of shield yet out agent Carter. I will catch up on them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I happen to be a fan of the old Adventures of Superman TV show. I met Noel Neill at the Superman day at Old Chicago Amusement Park. Back when I worked at the Marshall Brodien Magic Shop. I also met Clayton Moore who played the Lone Ranger who also did a personal appearance there on a different promotion.

Re-runs can be seen of the Adventures of Superman on Me-TV.

Also re-runs of the Adam West Batman and the Linda Carter Wonderwoman are also on Me-TV.

For me they are far more entertaining than what is on today - Arrow, The Flash could have been a lot better with better writing.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Do you mean to say those series were written better?

I enjoyed the old Batman but took it for what it was. A joke. I think comparing it to any superhero genra series offered today is apples and oranges.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:

Now has anyone kept up with The Flash or Gotham or Arrow? I caught most of them in the Dominican Republic believe it or not and really liked them. Haven't seen the end of the season yet on any of them.

Now I have not seen agents of shield yet out agent Carter. I will catch up on them.

I follow them all.

Arrow is kind of floundering, with some obvious plot indescrepancies.

Flash is very good. They just introduced Firestorm and The Atom.

Gotham is surprisingly good. Well written and fast paced. Though Bruce is just a boy they're showing the steel he has inside. He's about to go through a fight for Wayne Enterprises as the corrupt board is trying to take it away from him.
There's an Arkham Asylum subplot that's simmering. When it comes to a boil it will be interesting to see how they keep the series cohesive.
They also just introduced The Joker. It seems that he killed his mom, but IDK if that is the same as the comic.
(I only had enough money to collect Marvel as a child. Smile )

SHIELD is on hiatus until mid March. Supposedly when they come back there'll be a new story direction.

I'm going to binge watch what there is of Agent Carter but, from what I saw in the pilot, I'm not expecting much.
Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I wonder why Marvel doesn't do a more mainstream character as a series, like maybe, oh I don't know, THE HULK?

Anyway I'm desperately keeping away from Avengers 2 trailers. Two months and counting down!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Arrow did start strong and yes seems to have settled in and may be floundering.

I hope the Flash can sustain itself. I really like the cat built around him which Ib the end has to drive the story.

Marvel yea I am going to do the binge watch on both to see how that goes. I think they are trying to keep the mainstream characters for movies. Especially since they just got back Spidy and the FF and X dudes. But someone mainstream had to hit TV if they want anyone but you and me and Rockwall to watch!

Gotham has been great. Character development and stories have been intriguing. Penguin has been the real attitude for me. Also the development of the Riddler is interesting.

All in all DC is doing well on TV.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
The Flash has a lot wrong with it. First off Berry Alan doesn't look like Berry Alan of the 60's comic book. The second thing I don't like about it is that Berry's mother dies and his dad is in jail for it? That storyline is not at all good. It is like they turned the Flash into Kid Flash.

Then there is the story line of Bang Babies that was used in the cartoon Static Shock as a way to explain how they all got their super powers. That worked for Static but why did they write it into the Flash.

Then there is the Reverse Flash storyline. It appears that the Reverse Flash is Berry Alan's mentor - gee how movie Batman like Batman trained by Ra's Ala Ghul?

Not much to like but when it is the only thing on - I watch it.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I tend to accept things for what they are as opposed to what I think they should be.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I tend to like writing in a series where the writers work a little harder and don't copy cat as much. As for the Flash's uniform designed by a team of scientists that don't exist in the Flash's comic book world of the 60's. Hey lets have a lot of people know the hero's secret ID. The Flash designed his own outfit.

And then there is the storyline that the Flash was raised by the Chief of Police and Iris and him grew up in the same house?

Now here it what I think of Arrow. It had a good start - but why do so many people have to know his secret ID? And again lets have him lose his billions like Bruce Wayne did in the Batman movie. And lets have him fight Ra's Ala Ghul?

Not very good writing.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You don't like them to copy but are upset they don't copy the 60s Flash story?

Ib think the point is to re imagine the story for a 2015 audience. I think they are succeeding.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2015, bishthemagish wrote:
I tend to like writing in a series where the writers work a little harder and don't copy cat as much. As for the Flash's uniform designed by a team of scientists that don't exist in the Flash's comic book world of the 60's. Hey lets have a lot of people know the hero's secret ID. The Flash designed his own outfit.

And then there is the storyline that the Flash was raised by the Chief of Police and Iris and him grew up in the same house?

Now here it what I think of Arrow. It had a good start - but why do so many people have to know his secret ID? And again lets have him lose his billions like Bruce Wayne did in the Batman movie. And lets have him fight Ra's Ala Ghul?

Not very good writing.

I get what you're saying but I look at it as another way of reinventing the characters, similar to what's done in the books.

Like they said in my old neighborhood - Sauseech his own.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Pity good TV is a thing of the past.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Reinventing the characters?

Why reinvent the wheel?
Glenn Bishop Cardician

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Can DC Catch Up With Marvel? (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..25..38..51..64..77..79~80~81 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL