The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wayne Dobson - 3SIXTY (129 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8225 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It's not so bad if they offer a discount, or similar, but just a standard preorder makes no sense to me. Why do it? Why do magicians want your money before the product has been released?
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I would like to add something to this, I've seen this right up close and it really is a great illusion. For me, a pre order usually means you will be the first to get your hands on one, sometimes with discount, sometimes not, obviously if you don't want to pre order then you don#t have to, but I have because I want one now Smile(I'm still a big hobbyist at heart and this is a fun part of magic!)

This is small enough to slip into your pocket/handbag/purse yet plays really big. As for the "what's so different about this from other boxes out there?" IMO this is a step forward, the box is clear and they can see the card at all times (or you can bring the box out of the bag at the end of a routine) and it can be examined at the end, although this isn't necessary as they can see it's empty! It is self contained so you don't need a close up pad, and the reset is done in seconds.

I put my order in when Mike and Wayne showed me this a few weeks ago.....will it replace al the other brilliant boxes out there, I don't know as this would be a very personal choice, much like card to wallet or peek wallets lol!

Regards,

Gary
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8225 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Oh yes, just seen on the website. 'Limited supplies' lol. I value your opinion Gary and this does look very convincing. But I'll pay on the release date. Money is better in my account than someone else's. If, however, there is a nice discount to be had, then that's a different story.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2014, pegasus wrote:
Oh yes, just seen on the website. 'Limited supplies' lol. I value your opinion Gary and this does look very convincing. But I'll pay on the release date. Money is better in my account than someone else's. If, however, there is a nice discount to be had, then that's a different story.

I know what you mean mate Smile As soon as I get my hands on this and road test it I will write up a full review!
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8225 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Great. I look forward to it.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Funny how everything that is on pre Order is a " Limited Suppy "

When ever I see this comment it makes me wonder why if an item is that great why has the seller only ordered

A "Limited Suppy" makes you wonder if the person has that much confidence in the product ?

Anyway time will tell if this does offer anything over and above what's already available
MagicMike101
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MagicMike101
Pegasus, JackStraw and anyone else who don't understand the concept of pre-order...

To answer your question, the reason why it is advertised as limited supply is of course we have to pay up front for the manufacture of the product. As this is Wayne's first self published trick, he wants it to look right. The artwork, manufacture and everything else needed to supply the customer, he also wanted to keep the costs down so the customer gets the best deal. This was paramount. The end result does cost us money too. Contrary to popular belief, we do not have a vat of cash to use when needed therefore we can only buy in what we can afford hence "Limited Supply" Wayne relies heavily on his intellectual property as he can not perform in the standard sense. Also the manufacturing of the box takes a long time. I am sure we will (if popular) do another run, but I really feel although I have said it, I don't need to justify our actions. And as my friend Gary Jones said- you do not have to pre order, but don't come crying to me when you can't get one!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
We certainly do understand the concept.

That's not the issue.

We just don't like using us to get your product to the market, and then finding out that the product does not fill our needs and our money was wasted.

I'm not aware of any other industry that depends on pre-ordering to get a product out.

I think I can say that I've been disappointed in everything that I've ever pre-ordered.

That's why I'll never do it again.

Maybe Wayne and you should have taken out a second mortgage on your homes to get it done. That's what I did when I decided to open up a business.

I don't think Steve Jobs depended on pre-ordering when he released his first (or last) computer. But he certainly did have to bust his chops to get the money to do what he needed to do. That's business, you know.

What will happen if you only get 20 pre-orders, and that's not enough money to get the product to the market? Will you cancel the whole thing, or continue?

I'm not saying that I don't like this. I do. I'm sure that Wayne's device IS devious. But my Clarity Box is good enough, and I will need to wait and see before I buy this one. I guarantee you that I have much less money to waste than you do. I'm still paying off my first and second mortgages, you know.

And if stock runs out and you don't make more, I will not shed one tear. But why you wouldn't make more I don't know.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3573 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Totally with Jack Straw on this , Wayne can't afford to do an initial run on this with his own money ? Do me a favour that's laughable to say the least .
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
As devils advocate...many things across the board have pre-orders...not just magic supplies. The new iPhones for example.

Just saying.

As much as many seem to hate pre-orders, I gotta sit on the side of the fence that kinda' hates all the moaning about them. If one doesn't want to buy a product until its released, then don't buy.

I fail to see how a pre-order affects anyone that does not wish to pre-order.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2014, CarlMcCoy wrote:
As devils advocate...many things across the board have pre-orders...not just magic supplies. The new iPhones for example.

Just saying.

As much as many seem to hate pre-orders, I gotta sit on the side of the fence that kinda' hates all the moaning about them. If one doesn't want to buy a product until its released, then don't buy.

Couldn't have put it better! We are grown ups (?) so if you keep getting 'burnt' every time you buy a product on pre order surely you would wait until the product is released and the reviews are in...but to 'keep on' getting burnt implies that you're human and can't wait to get the product, this is all part of the fun of magic!

From what I can see from where I am Mike and Wayne are NOT making/forcing anyone to pre order, as an adult you have to make your own choice Smile

Oh, and on the subject about limited runs etc, release a product to see what happens, it really is a jungle out there! I watched Richard Branson last night on TV and he mentioned that he had a few flops, although the products were sound they still failed, a good business person has to be daring and cautious both at the same time, and also, limited runs is a great business idea to get people to 'want' a product even more, it's nothing to do with how much money you have, but you all knew that didn't you Smile

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2014, Tarik Flash wrote:
Totally with Jack Straw on this , Wayne can't afford to do an initial run on this with his own money ? Do me a favour that's laughable to say the least .

Thanks, Tarik!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I am not putting down this product- as I stated before, I like it.

But your job, MagicMike, is to sell a product. Ours is to figure out if we really need it. Others have said that there's nothing new here. They can have that opinion.

The only problem I have is that you are using the Magic Café as a KickStarter.

If you want to do that, go to KickStarter and do it. The Green Screen is NOT KickStarter!
GrantMaidmentMagician
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GrantMaidmentMagician
Hi guys,
I am new to the Café and just wanted to remind you all what the slogan
at the top of the screen says:

"Magicians Helping Magicians"

Something to think about isn't it? Stop complaining for the sake of it...

Bring something positive to the subject.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2014, gjmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2014, CarlMcCoy wrote:

Just saying.

Couldn't have put it better! We are grown ups (?) so if you keep getting 'burnt' every time you buy a product on pre order surely you would wait until the product is released and the reviews are in...but to 'keep on' getting burnt implies that you're human and can't wait to get the product, this is all part of the fun of magic!

From what I can see from where I am Mike and Wayne are NOT making/forcing anyone to pre order, as an adult you have to make your own choice Smile

Oh, and on the subject about limited runs etc, release a product to see what happens, it really is a jungle out there! I watched Richard Branson last night on TV and he mentioned that he had a few flops, although the products were sound they still failed, a good business person has to be daring and cautious both at the same time, and also, limited runs is a great business idea to get people to 'want' a product even more, it's nothing to do with how much money you have, but you all knew that didn't you Smile

Gary.

And those points are fair also. I guess that I was wrong about pre-ordering for i-Phones, but at least you have a very good idea of what you are buying (I think, since I don't own one).

But if cars were sold the same way that magic tricks were sold, you can bet your bippy that all kinds of government agencies would be all over the car companies for that.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2014, GrantMaidmentMagician wrote:
Hi guys,
I am new to the Café and just wanted to remind you all what the slogan
at the top of the screen says:

"Magicians Helping Magicians"

Something to think about isn't it? Stop complaining for the sake of it...

Bring something positive to the subject.

Just wait until you get suckered into a bad purchase due to misleading claims made here, Grant.

Because it will happen!

That's part of what this is about.

Magicians helping other magicians from being taken for a ride. See the thread for Nefesch's "Hug" if you need more information.

Oh, and it's hard to bring something positive to the table for a product that has not been released yet!

Other than saying things like "I like this" or "I want this", of course.

I like this, OK?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8225 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I know exactly what I'm buying when I pre-order a new iphone. The same cannot be said about magic items. The reason that (some) vendors push pre-orders is to sell as many as possible before the negative reviews come out, and hence further orders.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Exactly, Pegasus.

And, Grant, since nothing but the hype has been released, nothing but the hype can be talked about here.

And many of us do not like the hype!
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2014, Jack Straw wrote:
...And many of us do not like the hype!

But unfortunately you're in Latest & Greatest Jack...that's all there is.

Y'all have a good evening, I'm off to get my son from nursery. Hes' about the only one that still thinks my double lift is effective.

He's two.

I have no hope.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Use some Science Friction, Carl.

DL problem solved. And that's no hype- that's reality!

And that's what we are talking about here- all there is is hype. Give us something more to talk about!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wayne Dobson - 3SIXTY (129 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL