The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street magic from India (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

avik_d
View Profile
Veteran user
Targetting a Zillion, till now just
304 Posts

Profile of avik_d
Friends,

Here're a couple of videos of Traditional Indian Street magicians performing on the street. I enjoyed these and thought of sharing with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hu8WnbuF24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPWp4K1FKk

Both of them are speaking in Colloquial Hindi language which most of you won't understand, my apologies. The first performance is not very visual in the conventional sense. However, I'd emphasize on watching the routine constructions, and I wish they spoke English, because I found the patter very enjoyable.

I'm from India, and I regret that these people are not receiving their due respect in our country. I bet their performances are no less than the modern Indian magicians who perform professionally on stage and in corporate events.

Please leave your comments.
Best,

-Avik
Phantom In Red
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Phantom In Red
Very cool! Thank you for sharing these videos! I always find foreign street magicians incredible! Smile

Phantom
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks for posting.
Have you seen the Penn & Teller documentary where the go to India in search of street magicians?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Very interesting, thanks very much for posting these!

However - these performers are busking, are they not? Not doing "street magic" (meaning David Blaine TV kind of thing). So this thread will get more views, and be more appreciated, if it were moved to "The Sidewalk Shuffle".
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Didn't know there was a difference.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 1, 2014, Jerskin wrote:
Didn't know there was a difference.

Well, there's a "Sidewalk Shuffle" forum and a "Street Magic" forum ....

Perhaps you could ask The Management if there's any difference ....
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
No, I meant I didn't know there thas a difference between street performers and buskers.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 1, 2014, Jerskin wrote:
No, I meant I didn't know there thas a difference between street performers and buskers.

Nobody said there was. The Sidewalk Shuffle ("discussions on the serious art of busking") is the appropriate forum for professional street entertainers like the ones in the original poster's very interesting videos. This forum ("Performing random acts of magic for a total stranger") is not.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street magic from India (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL