The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wizard Wars Effect- Impossible! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I saw an episode of Wizard Wars the other and was floored when the 2 challengers had Penn and Teller both sign one side of a "random leaf". The signed leaf was mixed with the other leaves and were stuffed into a leaf blower and shot out of it in preparation for a "leaf stab", but failed to find it's mark. The signed leaf was found in a bottle of maple syrup that Gregory Wilson (one of the 4 judges) had sitting next to him- (and he inspected it BEFORE the effect). The signed leaf was nowhere near the bottle- let alone INSIDE the bottle- the entire time. Anyone else floored by this? The only thing I could think of was (without revealing methods) was something happened when P&T signed it, and the challengers were walking back to the stage, something happened that involved a S****E and was able to go around the stage and get the leaf into the bottle on the sly. I'm probably totally wrong here, and I DO NOT want people telling what the method is or was in this thread, just wondering what your guys reaction to this effect was. Penn and Teller sure looked AMAZED when their signed leaf appeared in the bottle. Thoughts?
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Sorry I didn't include a link, I am just terrible with computers and really have to learn how to do that!
Genie Gene
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Genie Gene
Sounds like magic may be running out of plots Smile
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
In the show 4 random items are introduced and the magicians have to find a use for them in their act. One of them was a leaf blower and a bunch of (plastic I believe) leaves.
Genie Gene
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Genie Gene
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, nattefrost wrote:
In the show 4 random items are introduced and the magicians have to find a use for them in their act. One of them was a leaf blower and a bunch of (plastic I believe) leaves.

Oh yes, I forgot about that. I've heard of the show but haven't watched it. Sounds like a strange ***ization of magic. Even more than Mindfreak.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Yeah their have been some really phenomenal tricks on that show that even fooled the judges, I remember their was one with tarot card reveal that looked amazing.
Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
That tarot card reveal looked almost impossible...wonder what was cut
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, Spicoli wrote:

I was thinking the Tarot card reveal used the "Way out" principal http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3928

I was also thinking stooge with the Leaf trick but how could they trust for sure that Greg was going to put the bottle down to his side and not in front of him or just keep holding it ? I was stunned
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
The best surprise I had was two weeks ago when the chair the guy was sitting on ended up being paper strips and they shredded it as their finale. Surpeised the hell out of P&T.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, Spicoli wrote:

I was thinking the Tarot card reveal used the "Way out" principal http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3928

I was also thinking stooge with the Leaf trick but how could they trust for sure that Greg was going to put the bottle down to his side and not in front of him or just keep holding it ? I was stunned

The tarot prediction did NOT fool me, to me the method was obvious, I can assure you it is not the Way method. Please do not PM ASKING how it was done as I am not going to reveal it, it was clever and experienced mentalists will know how it was done. Nothing was cut as far as I can tell, the effect can be performed just as shown.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Yes, the paper chair was a great surprise too, at the end I was thinking "they didn't use the chair"- and then, BOOM! They ripped it to shreds!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Judging by the facial reactions of P&T during Wizard Wars, some of these guys would be knocking them out of the park if they were on Fool Us instead.
Butchyboy
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Butchyboy
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Michael Dustman wrote:
Judging by the facial reactions of P&T during Wizard Wars, some of these guys would be knocking them out of the park if they were on Fool Us instead.

Tellers jaw seem to drop with the maple leaf trick. I never saw him react that way on Fool Us.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I'm still going nuts trying to figure out how that signed leaf got into that bottle of maple syrup
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Natte, I think you need to look up the definition of "misdirection".
Official Thread Killer
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
The method for the maple leaf is awesome and the way it was accomplished was very slick. It was cool to see it performed. I knew the reactions were going to be great!
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It's funny the Blake Vogt chair effect did not at all fool my girlfriend, but the maple syrup is the first time she has been truly fooled with magic on T.V.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Stucky, I am fully aware of what "misdirection" is. Was it actual misdirection or "camera" misdirection? If I was sitting in the crowd there, would I have seen that bottle stay at Gregory Wilson's side the entire time and see the 2 performers also go nowhere it the entire time, including when the bottle was passed from Gregory Wilson to Penn and Teller? Both performers went nowhere near that bottle after the leaf was signed, and if something happened "off camera", then that to me is a different kind of misdirection. If I am missing something that I saw during that act that happened when I was watching, then I have been badly fooled.

I will give it about 5 minutes before someone posts, "Nattefrost, you have been badly fooled". And honestly that's what I hope it is, something I just totally missed. This is why I love magic so much.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Now I would like you to look up the definition of "sarcasm".

The problem is even if you were there live you would not have been staring at that bottle the whole time because you had no idea what it was for and it was kind of "forgotten". From what I understand, that show doesn't use editing to accomplish the magic (It's not like it's produced by Criss Angel).
Official Thread Killer
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I also know what sarcasm means, I was making fun of myself because I'm thinking one way and it's actually the other way....I don'tthink there is any editing either and the lady who opens up the show mentions there are no camera tricks. Looking at where Gregory Wilson sits, which is on the far left of the 3 other wizards, I'm not sure the spectators can get a view of the bottle of maple syrup on the floor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wizard Wars Effect- Impossible! (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL