The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spider Pen Pro - timer issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Federico Soldati
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
132 Posts

Profile of Federico Soldati
Hi everybody,

I am using the spider pen pro since a couple of weeks.
In the video Mesika says that after there is no more pulling on the thread, the reel shuts off in about 30 seconds.

Nevertheless I noticed that my pen shut offs automatically 30 seconds after the very fist pull, even if I keep moving.
Is this how the SPP is supposed to work? That doesn't make very sense to me…

For example, when I perform the flying bill routine, even if I am still moving and walking backwards, the system suddenly enters sleep mode (after 30 seconds from the very first pull).
It then enters immediately a new 30 seconds cycle. The consequence of this characteristic is that the flying object bumps down and up.

Am I missing something?

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Federico
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
It is supposed to turn off after 30 seconds of no activity.

Where/from whom did you buy your SPP?

What color is the plastic cap on top that covers the spool?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Federico Soldati
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
132 Posts

Profile of Federico Soldati
Hello! I bought it on Penguinmagic and I guess it is perfectly fine.

It just doesn't make much sense to me… once the motor starts it enters a 30 seconds cycle. After 30 seconds it will sleep if the thread is not moving.

I will look for a way of increasing the sleep activation. To me it would have been better if it was after 2-3 minutes.

No way to perform steady flotaions like this. You have to keep moving.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Yes, if the thread/spool does not move for 30 seconds, the motor stops and the thread goes slack.

I wondered from your first description if you got a product that was not authentic, but Penguin is reliable.

Buona fortuna!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spider Pen Pro - timer issue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL