The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No more Polar Bears for my son. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Well, the polar bear hoax has finally come home to roost. Al Gores LIES have finally poisoned the minds and lives of far too many people.

Today my son went to Sea World and wanted to do something he always does ...SEE THE POLAR BEARS!!!!

They are sadly gone... and do to Al Gores continual lies .... He may never see a live polar bear again....

Upsetting! Will all zoos and such places be forced to close their doors? That would be a shame.

And all because of this lie first exposed 5 years ago ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9sFgUwiKik

There are over 25,000 polar bears today!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Where's Laurie?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Slim King wrote:
There are over 25,000 polar bears today!!!!!

Between 20,000 and 25,000 as of 2012.

I'm not sure it's increased in the last two years.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The two polar bears that Sea World had were pretty old, but we loved seeing them. Imagine drinking Hot Chocolate in Florida in the Arctic coolness of the exhibit. Christmas at Sea World is the best really. Bottom line ... All the rules and regulations now make it impossible to replace these two. It upsets me that Al Gores quest to ripp everyone off has resulted in this lunacy... Not only does my son face a $17 trillion dollar debt but also the prospect of never seeing anything that resembles a real zoo if this continues..... Upsetting.... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Slim I don't think that Al Gore/global warming has as much to do with the decline of the zoos, as much as a change in the attitudes of people regarding the treatment of animals.

I busk near the Central Park zoo. Last year the polar bear, Gus, who was the main attraction died. His death was slow and it affected a lot of people. Many felt that the fact he was held in a place that was so far from his natural habitat was the cause. People saw the suffering, and as a result many people have simply stopped going to the zoo.

I get what you're saying but maybe it's time we changed our behavior. In the future I think that zoos will evolve into enormous wild life preserves; where people can go to see the animals in an environment that isn't so detrimental to them.
Times change. Some things don't survive the change.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Not to worry Slim. Come visit the relatively new Polar Bear exhibit at Hogle Zoo in SLC. The poor guy looks miserable, doesn't he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-FJgBJMv6k
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Not only THAT, but it looks like I'm going have to get a new Muffler four my CARR. All because of Al Gore's lies!! Also, some of the lettuce in my refrigorator's krisper has WILTED!!! And those Pears aren't looking two gud either. All because of the Lies told by AL Gore. That Al Gore owes me Big Time! At least According too Fox News. Smile
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I think we need a new theorem similar to Godwin's law.

Engberg's law (or Engberg's Rule of Fox News blame)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of blaming Fox News approaches 1 —​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will find a way to blame whatever is being discussed on Fox News.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's because the least informed views, as propagated by Fox news on a daily basis, are inevitably repeated as facts here on NVMS by those who receive their only news from FOX and right-wing talk radio.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6074 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Well, the polar bear hoax has finally come home to roost. Al Gores LIES have finally poisoned the minds and lives of far too many people.

Today my son went to Sea World and wanted to do something he always does ...SEE THE POLAR BEARS!!!!

They are sadly gone... and do to Al Gores continual lies .... He may never see a live polar bear again....

Upsetting! Will all zoos and such places be forced to close their doors? That would be a shame.

And all because of this lie first exposed 5 years ago ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9sFgUwiKik

There are over 25,000 polar bears today!!!!! Smile
Bring your kid here:

http://www.detroitzoo.org/habitats/arctic-ring-of-life
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
That's because the least informed views, as propagated by Fox news on a daily basis, are inevitably repeated as facts here on NVMS by those who receive their only news from FOX and right-wing talk radio.

Oh, I don't know. Some might think that the least informed are those who blindingly accept what the press sensationalizes about simplistic surveys that don't really prove anything.

Dan Cassino, one of the professors of political science at FDU who authored the two studies said, "It was sensationalized – and that’s the dominant bias in the media, sensationalism," he said. "MSNBC was second worst, but it wasn’t talked about."

Cassino says he’s been disappointed by reporters calling him up to talk about the survey but ultimately not really understanding the intricacies of the findings. (Like some people on these boards who we'll avoid naming.)

“The results that get publicized have little to do with the results of the survey,” says Cassino. “There is a bias towards sensationalism. They are trying to find the biggest sexiest story that will make a flash, even if that means distorting the news.”
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So when FOX pointed out that Al Gore was lying ... that's a bad thing?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16357 Posts

Profile of tommy
Whoever came up with the idea of keeping live animals in cages or large enclosures for public exhibition should have been thrown to the dogs anyway.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
I'm not sure what Al Gore lied about. but here seems to be a saner view of what is going on with the Polar Bear poplulation: http://www.skepticalscience.com/polar-be......ming.htm
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, tommy wrote:
Whoever came up with the idea of keeping live animals in cages or large enclosures for public exhibition should have been thrown to the dogs anyway.

So domesticating any animal is a horrible thing..and all of those goldfish, parakeets, turtles, and house cats need to all be set free????? Smile
Oh .. and bunnies too!!!!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16357 Posts

Profile of tommy
Did you hear what happened to the goldfish?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, tommy wrote:

So domesticating any animal is a horrible thing..and all of those goldfish, parakeets, turtles, and house cats need to all be set free????? Smile
Oh .. and bunnies too!!!!

I must have missed the part where the zookeepers were working to domesticate the polar bears.

Please repost that link.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6113 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, Slim King wrote:
So when FOX pointed out that Al Gore was lying ... that's a bad thing?

Yes. Because they were the only news station to tell the truth and expose him.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2808 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Maybe they didn't like Gore giving them competition in the lying department.
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6113 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Maybe they didn't like Gore giving them competition in the lying department.

Either way, nice you agree Gore lied......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No more Polar Bears for my son. (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL