The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Finally finished my new website... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Http://www.funnybones.com.au/

It's been a few years since I've had a website for my kid's show that I'm happy with.

I tried to create something that stands out from the crowd.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I think you got it spot on.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Nicholas,

I think you have done a remarkable job with this site. It's clean, easy to follow and overall, it looks VERY professional. However...might I make two small suggestions?

1. Try to incorporate some type of lead generation on the very front page. I would suggest placing a lead magnet on there to target specific audiences which in this case seems to be children's event, planners and possibly some type of educational industry (with the science). The lead magnet could be something as simple as a small PDF entitled, "The Top 5 Secrets to making your child's birthday party AMAZING!" or something similar that will trigger a response to THAT specific person/company looking to hire you. This is a terrific way to filter qualified leads from those that are "just looking".

2. I would encourage you to sprinkle CTA's throughout the site on each page and give the viewer the ability to book you right away regardless from which page they're on. There might be something they read half way down that has already convinced them "THIS IS OUR GUY!". Having a "Book Nicholas NOW!" button at the bottom of each page makes it easier for the to book but more importantly leads to quicker conversions.

That's all Smile
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Great advice, looks very nice
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Looks good, but I am wondering why you chose wix instead of buying your own server space somewhere else, and hosting the files there? As a web consumer, if I see a wix page it screams unprofessionalism to me. Server space is very cheap these days, and if you buy a reseller account you can have multiple sites on your server for the same price, each site directed to a specific audience (for example, a corporate site, a family show site, etc.)
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Thanks all.

I picked a wix site because it allows me to build a professional looking website myself. I've had too many bad experiences with designers and trying to wrangle WP myself.

I had a lot of discussions with designers about the pros and cons and decided wix was the way to go. I'd rather have a good wix site than a bad wp one.

The idea that "if I see a wix page it screams unprofessionalism to me" is one shared by a lot of designers but, in reality, if the site looks good, clients will not care what platform was used to create it.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
I was consulting with a client (personal trainer) who had a wix site. He bought his domain name through them as well.

Turns out wix doesn't allow you to transfer your domain AT ALL.

Not only is a wordpress site cheaper, the themes are pretty much plug in and go.

My client (personal trainer) had to buy a new domain name that his current client base was unfamiliar with and build a WP site.

Now he has a robust SEO friendly website that gets traffic.

Take away: Own your own website, domain, and server.

Josh
Josh
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I have my own domain rego. Wiz only provide the server and design tools
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Great job, I love the site!
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The site seems to be working.

Not only have I increased the number of inquires I get, I also have a better conversion rate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Finally finished my new website... (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL