The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End of nations: Is there an alternative to countries? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16353 Posts

Profile of tommy
Nation states cause some of our biggest problems, from civil war to climate inaction. Science suggests there are better ways to run a planet

Try, for a moment, to envisage a world without countries. Imagine a map not divided into neat, coloured patches, each with clear borders, governments, laws. Try to describe anything our society does – trade, travel, science, sport, maintaining peace and security – without mentioning countries. Try to describe yourself: you have a right to at least one nationality, and the right to change it, but not the right to have none.

- New Scientist

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22......ies.html
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6911 Posts

Profile of magicfish
First Nations traditional territories.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17854 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So radical Islamists could roam the world all by themselves with no control by anyone? Changing the map won't change religious beliefs will it?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16353 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Scr*w the owo
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5718 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The fact is, there are no nations.

In it is all just in our collective minds.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16353 Posts

Profile of tommy
Deniers!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Rollerball? The John housman speech? Or Brian oblivoins speech in videodrome?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
The fact is, there are no nations.

In it is all just in our collective minds.


Andy Warhol was wrong. Perception isn't reality.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5718 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
The fact is, there are no nations.

In it is all just in our collective minds.


Andy Warhol was wrong. Perception isn't reality.


Because you say so, right? Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
It's not true because I say so; I say so because it's true.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, tommy wrote:
Try, for a moment, to envisage a world without countries.
- New Scientist


I believe that John Lennon beat them to it:
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1015 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
This world is coming in the near future.

Should be a pretty good one- as long as you're a man, which most of us here are.

We can all sit around and smoke hash while our women and children do all of our slave work.

We will have to face Mecca 5 or 6 times a day on our prayer rugs, but that's a small price to pay for our One World.

Personally I want Danny Doyle as my Imam. I hope there's a place for me near the top of his hierarchy.

With that, I'm outta here!

I don't really want to hear all of my criticism, although I'm sure that I'll sneak a look every now and then.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, tommy wrote:
Try, for a moment, to envisage a world without countries.
- New Scientist


I believe that John Lennon beat them to it:

Just a guess, but, that could be either black in the USSR, or get black....Am I close? Smile
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
In the mean time keep buying the brand

so what makes them "them" anyway?

The process many keep falling back upon is indoctrination.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, Ray Tupper. wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2014, tommy wrote:
Try, for a moment, to envisage a world without countries.
- New Scientist


I believe that John Lennon beat them to it:

Just a guess, but, that could be either black in the USSR, or get black....Am I close? Smile

Sheesh!

Baby's in Black
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16353 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End of nations: Is there an alternative to countries? (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL