The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Salmon decline (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, Slim King wrote:
No more lies Magnus ( And I mean that in a good way) .. just tell the truth for this one time. You'll feel better about yourself and we can all start anew!!!

The Salmon aren't in danger because of global warming ... jut say it out loud.

The Salmon ARE NOT DECLINING because of global warming!!!!! (it's just the one river and it's probably a problem caused by the folks up there) Smile

"Up there"?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
That sucks when all the fish die off before people can kill them. Smile

Catch and release with barbless hooks not only doesn't kill them, but it lets them flourish unharmed.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Lobo, your one of my favourite guys I've never met but there isn't a vegan on the planet who cares more for the health and well being of fish than anglers.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, Slim King wrote:
No more lies Magnus ( And I mean that in a good way) .. just tell the truth for this one time. You'll feel better about yourself and we can all start anew!!!

The Salmon aren't in danger because of global warming ... jut say it out loud.

The Salmon ARE NOT DECLINING because of global warming!!!!! (it's just the one river and it's probably a problem caused by the folks up there) Smile

"Up there"?

Canada? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
That sucks when all the fish die off before people can kill them. Smile

Catch and release with barbless hooks not only doesn't kill them, but it lets them flourish unharmed.



I have been fishing since literally before I could walk. I have always thought the claim of unharmed was a bit dubious.

I remember when CPR started as a wildlife campaign. Catch. Photograph, and Release. Brilliant. We eat some of what we catch. Most is as you say released to let species flourish.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, tommy wrote:
"Some people will argue that the matter need further study or that there are issues at play that are beyond our control such as poor sea survival and climate change," said Taylor. "While that may be true, there is ample evidence and data currently available upon which a strong and effective action plan can be based."


Magnus' misleading article assumes climate change .. It SAYS...and Climate Change!!!!! Smile

For once MAN UP Magnus ... admit it ... You tried to pull a fast one. All is forgiven... But I guarentee you'll feel better if you tell yourself the truth!!!


Did I ever claim climate change had anything to do with the salmon decline? No, I did not. The article did say

Quote:
"Some people will argue that the matter need further study or that there are issues at play that are beyond our control such as poor sea survival and climate change," said Taylor. "While that may be true, there is ample evidence and data currently available upon which a strong and effective action plan can be based."


Give it up, Slim. Like Danny, you are trying to put words in my mouth, and you are relying on aggression to bluff your way through.

But, Slim and Danny, you have succeeded in making this place disgusting and a waste of my time.


So sorry to hear having to stand by a position and be held accountable for it is disgusting in your world and a waste of time. Most just see it as being forthright.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
That sucks when all the fish die off before people can kill them. Smile

Catch and release with barbless hooks not only doesn't kill them, but it lets them flourish unharmed.



I have been fishing since literally before I could walk. I have always thought the claim of unharmed was a bit dubious.

I remember when CPR started as a wildlife campaign. Catch. Photograph, and Release. Brilliant. We eat some of what we catch. Most is as you say released to let species flourish.

Nothing wrong with keeping one for the pan if the action is good.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Salmon on the BBQ grill .. Nothing like it!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Agreed. Delicious and very nutritious.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The thing I miss most about Key Largo is the fish.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Whats in Key Largo, Danny? Species I mean.
I'm a Southern Ontarian so I fish for Largemouth, Smallmouth, Muskie, Pike, Walleye, and we have resident and migratory trout and salmon from the great lakes.
What could I hope to catch in key largo?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16346 Posts

Profile of tommy
A pal of mine, who was a trainee Rabbi, he used to go around with the Rabbis blessing salmon lakes or farms I think they call them. I don't know anything about it but I guess they breed OK and it seems a good little business.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Lobo, your one of my favourite guys I've never met but there isn't a vegan on the planet who cares more for the health and well being of fish than anglers.


We had to destroy the village in order to save the village.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Man, if only animals were people, Lobo and I would be political soul mates.


(No, lobo, I'm not one of those types --I think animal rights are extremely important too.)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
When I was a kid a local had a fish farm. He also had a Still..... He fed the used up mash to the fish. It was disappointing when they arrested him. Anderson Fish Farms... I always thought it was a bad thing. The government ruined two great businesses. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Lobo, your one of my favourite guys I've never met but there isn't a vegan on the planet who cares more for the health and well being of fish than anglers.


We had to destroy the village in order to save the village.

Correct. Im glad you've finally come around.
:)
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, landmark wrote:
Man, if only animals were people, Lobo and I would be political soul mates.


(No, lobo, I'm not one of those types --I think animal rights are extremely important too.)



Some posts I do just do for you.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Whats in Key Largo, Danny? Species I mean.
I'm a Southern Ontarian so I fish for Largemouth, Smallmouth, Muskie, Pike, Walleye, and we have resident and migratory trout and salmon from the great lakes.
What could I hope to catch in key largo?


Interestingly enough I prefer to fish fresh water, and eat ocean. Strange I know. The Yellowtail in the Keys is second to none.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Aren't there a lot of dolphin fish in the area?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Salmon decline (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL