The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarbell 3: Sleight of Hand with Coins (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mathmagic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mathmagic
Thanks for the review sanderr Smile
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2014, Sanderr wrote:

Although I haven't yet seen all of lesson 4, I can tell you something about it. Dan performs and teaches the tricks in this Tarbell lesson (supposedly 4, although my vol. 1 of Tarbell has more trick, so I don't really know what's the difference before I watch the rest of it).

Sander

Based upon your comment, and the image of the Tarbell course in PM's add (flowing pages from a single book), Dan may be going through just the original material, not everything that is in the 8 volume set. My understanding is that the 8 volume set includes some tricks from Tarbell that did not appear in the course that was initially offered, and some tricks from other magicians. Hence a purchase of the 8 volume set would give you substantially more material.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
I have watched the last part of the video yesterday, and he DID cover every one of the 5 tricks in that volume. I'm not sure whether he will cover the original lessons or the 8 volume set, but in lesson 3 Dan has a book on his table that looks comparable in size to my volume 1, though I cannot distinguish which book it really is as it lays opened on the table.

Sander
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I love books, but it has to said that some books are poorly written. Sometimes, it comes down to, "What does the author mean by that, what am I supposed to do, I put my right index finger where?" With videos (DVDs, downloads), you at least get to see what a trick looks like when performed.

That being said, books can last 1000 years. DVDs and downloads, not so sure.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
In Penguin's email ad copy, it states, in part:

"And TODAY, with master magician Dan Harlan we're embarking on a monumental project: Teaching "every trick in the book" through live performances and in-depth video tutorials with updated handlings, presentations and bonus material." (Emphasis supplied by Turk)

Just for clarification sake...are these lessons the Tarbell original Lesson course, or, are will Dan Harlan be teaching each trick from the 8 volume Tarbell set...or both?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Turk:

A few posts earlier, I gave my guess on that, but you would need to contact PM to get a definitive answer. Yet, personally, I can't see how any would would spend the effort to do the 8 volume set. I would think Dan will retire before he can complete all that Smile
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
The tarbell lessons have all the stuff the books have with the exception of the 8th volume and about half of the 7th volume. This material was written by other magicians. If He can get thruogh 6-1/2 volumes I'm sure he can do the other 1-1/2 as well. But he may just be sticking to ONLY what Tarbell himself wrote.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarbell 3: Sleight of Hand with Coins (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL