The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Watching "America's Got Talent" with fingers crossed. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2806 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Matt was just on and did a serviceable "Three Cards Across" with Howard Stern and Rosie O'Donnell.

It would be terrific if a magician were to win this thing finally, AND this guy is from Johnston, Rhode Island!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I voted for Emily West and Sons of Serendip; my girlfriend went for Acro Army. Six great finalists.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2806 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Top three and he's still there.

And now "Acro-army," the tumblers are gone.

It's Matt and Emily West.

As much as I want Matt to win, I would be less upset if he lost to her, she's outstanding.

We are at the end...

and it's...

MATT FRANCO!!!!

I'd like to think my ten votes last night were significant.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16352 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well done Ed.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I wish I hadn't read your post. I'm on the Left Coast and the show hasn't started being televised yet. But now I don't have to watch it.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2806 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Sorry, but I did put in the title what it was about, you had to figure I was going to make the announcement.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Love it!
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Sorry, but I did put in the title what it was about, you had to figure I was going to make the announcement.

That's all right, Ed. Our votes on this side of the country don't count anyway, because what we see on TV has been taped earlier. All the same, I'm delighted the magic guy won. He seems humble, had a great personality, and put a lot of effort into customizing his presentations.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, arthur stead wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:

That's all right, Ed. Our votes on this side of the country don't count anyway, because what we see on TV has been taped earlier. All the same, I'm delighted the magic guy won. He seems humble, had a great personality, and put a lot of effort into customizing his presentations.

Just a heads-up for next year: We on the west coast could vote the night before. Tuesday night, all six finalists performed and phone numbers were provided for voting.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I hadn't really watched much of AGT this year, just saw a few acts while my wife watched it and I hadn't seen Matt Franco at all so I thought I'd go back and watch his different tricks on youtube. He was really fun to watch. I loved his trick with Mel B's Iphone. He seems like a great guy, very genuine and creative. Congrats to him on the win.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17853 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm amazed the Café isn't going nuts about this .. I've had some professional friends who are already cashing in big time ... The Café is truly for amatures I guess.... so sad, since I'm an avid fan of the Café....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
How are your friends cashing in on the fact that a guy who isn't them came in first instead of somewhere between second and sixth?

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4164 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Matt was excellent, and this is good for magic, but I would have voted for Emily West. Thought she was a little better singer than he was a magician, and that's no insult - I thought they were both very excellent performers.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16352 Posts

Profile of tommy
What ever happened to Wolfgang Bohringer?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1611 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
How are your friends cashing in on the fact that a guy who isn't them came in first instead of somewhere between second and sixth?
ALL magicians will benefit for a long time from the recent upswing in magic on TV, not just on AGT. I wonder how long it will be before Jeff McBride or David Copperfield have their own MagicTV network... they could show reruns of all of the Houdini films, fism competitions, old reruns of magic tv shows and specials if they still exist.. new programming... I can see it now - hmm I better be quiet about this before someone steals my idea.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4937 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
It's an awesome idea Marvello because it could be expanded to include all things about or relating to magic...Harry Potter and other movies or TV shows about magic (Bewitched), documentaries, Side Shows etc. Like all cable channels this could be a very broad and awesome station to tune into.

Sign me up!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1806 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
And don't forget "Bell, Book and Candle" with Jimmy Stewart, Kim Novak and Jack Lemon. Great movie!
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Watching "America's Got Talent" with fingers crossed. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL