The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » MAGIC CHALICE (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
I have a chrome plated copper Chalice which is used to change silks, similar to the change bag. I have had this for over 45 years and have not seen one since. Has anyone else seen this magic trick before? To help identify the item, I have attached a photo.

Click here to view attached image.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
IDK, but, I would guess early 1900s. --and very possibly European. Conradi-Horster?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
David... I have not seen one before, that is a pretty cool treasure that you have.

Thanks for posting the photo.

Bruce
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
Thank you for the information regarding Conradi-Horster. I will do some research. This is indeed one of my treasures Bruce, just like the Lippincott Box I purchased many years ago. I have been told it is English, maker unknown. I have attached a photo if anyone is interested is looking at it and maybe tell me the maker. Again I have not seen this item on the net.

Click here to view attached image.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
You should probably send those both to me and I can take a closer look in person. Smile
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey OZ! I was first!!! heehee...
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
For anyone interested I found an identical Chalice to my one above that went for auction at Potter and Potter Auctions a while ago. They identified it as a handkerchief burning globe. English (with a ? mark) ca 1890. It sold for US$600.00. Knowing this information, I will be keeping it until death do us part.
David
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Sounds like a true treasure!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » MAGIC CHALICE (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL