The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Fastest and most effective Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bad-Boy
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bad-Boy
Guys,

What is in your opinion the best trick you can pull off in a short amount of time? Or to put it even further, even without having to say a single word?

At the moment I have 2 favourites:

- Coin bite
- Raven

As I am not very long into magic, are there any other cool tricks that create great amazement in miliseconds? Note: You don't actually have to say something, you just say, "watch...." Smile
Bad-Boy Smile
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Aiea, Hawaii
246 Posts

Profile of BWind
Bad-Boy,
My favorite is Dai Vernon's "Spellbound" with half dollars or Morgans with an appropriate sized Chinese "hole" coin. It's quick, visual and grabs attention.
Aloha,
BWind
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
My favourite fast and "in their face" routines are:
3-Fly,
Bill-Switch,
Ashes in palm,
Two card monte,
and Torn and restored bill.

If I were able to do the Muscle pass, I'd add that to the list as well.
Smile
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Once again, I'll put my vote in for my old standby: Jay Sankey's Killer Key!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Sticky Situation by Andy Leviss. You can pull the gum out of your mouth or under a counter top or wherever people stick gum the whole routine last 15 seconds at most and their eyes bug out and you get the puzzled look.

Top this off with the fact you just leave it in your pocket and that it is instant magic and you have what is IMHO one of the best effects around.

I have worn out the gimmick part of it so many times now that I'm thinking of doing something that may put an end to that problem forever.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
Try NFW, never fails to get a few, "No @$%&* way!"'s from the audience. Smile
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Nite Flight, or Raven.
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
Using a good old fashioned TT and vanishing a silk will get an immediate strong reaction. It's not very fancy, but making something vanish into thin air is something your audience will remember.

This is assuming you're going for speed.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22647 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bad-boy,

Linking Rings, while playing with them to attract attention. Start the linking. After the crowd builds continue with your routine.

As walk around attach them to your belt with velcro.

They do draw attention.

Bill
NYKnicks5
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of NYKnicks5
I would have to say that the most effective trick depends on a number of factors. First, the mood and style of the audience. What I mean by this is certain tricks will be better than others for different audiences. (Example, in the hands magic for a bunch of kids that want to ruin tricks is no good).
But for a simple and effective trick, I think a trick that is non-gimicked, has no-setup, and is eye-candy is perfect for street magic.

I would have to say that these tricks are the best (some are already mentioned):

-2 card monte (great trick because it is simple, and the impact depends on how it is performed)
-Sankey's In a flash (very attractive, but not particularly effective on streets, better for table hopping, I just love this effect so much I had to include it).
-Ambitious card (obvious classic)
-Ultimate Transposition
-Sponge balls (surprisingly, in my experience, this trick is more effective on the streets than in table hopping. I like pass around a purse frame, do a different trick, and then take it back to pull the sponges out of the purse frame)
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
Sticky Situation is great. Crazy Man's Handcuffs is another one.
-Chris
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
If I needed to do a trick realliy fast to prove that I am a real magician, I would do a snap change. All together it takes about 5 seconds.
I also occationaly use Lee Asher's "World's Third Fastest Card Trick".
Most colour changes would work really well as fast tricks. The classic bottom palm chage is another.
magicman123
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of magicman123
I think the quickest tricks are 2 card monte and the ace shake. The ace shake is even quicker than the 2 card monte
Vikke Matikainen
View Profile
New user
Finland
60 Posts

Profile of Vikke Matikainen
Mr. Clean coins across is over in 30 seconds, BAM, visual magic at its best.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
jaxonlee
View Profile
New user
Butte, MT
71 Posts

Profile of jaxonlee
The Raven is dreadfully fast and very visual. Otherwise I agree with JJDrew about a TT: efficient, fast, visual, versatile! Or you can always try dragging a ST, your 'lovely assistant, 13 feet of rope, a straight jacket, large canvas bag, and your wife's favorite shower curtain onto a street corner and try to do the fastest Metamorphosis in the world! Ok, ok...just kidding...you really need about 20 feet of rope! ;-)
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Some great ones are

1. Here then there(david blaine)

2. 2 card monte

3. Invisi. deck
Blake S.
frankglavin
View Profile
New user
Ireland
11 Posts

Profile of frankglavin
2 card monte, but only after a serious amount of practice to perform the required sleighs. Its an amazing effect ONLY when performed correctly!!!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I like shoving a BB (air gun pellet) or a watermellon seed up my nose and making it pop out of my eye.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Coin Unique.

Tell specs you've found an easy way to make money

I just show a 2p (concealing a £1 coin) and a 10p.
Pass the 10p under the 2p and slide out the £1 coin. Hand them the "2p" and £1 coin to examine. If you really want to impress them..and can afford it..say "keep the £1, theres plenty more where that came from.

Howard
abcmagician
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of abcmagician
I would say Jay Sankey's Leaving Home is the best. Its easy to do and effective.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Fastest and most effective Trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL