The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.S.A.P DVD featuring Atlas Brookings, Sylar, Art Vanderlay and Peter Turner (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

♠Sylar♠
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of ♠Sylar♠
Hey guys,

My name is Sylar and I call myself a Psychological Magician mainly because I perform both magic and mentalism. I am now working on a documentary about the history of deception focusing on magic and mentalism.
In order to raise funds we have a Indiegogo campaign and to give you guys an incentive to help we have made an exclusive Mentalism DVD as one of the Perks. The DVD contains 4 effects, one each from Atlas Brookings, Art Vanderlay, Peter Turner and me.

Here is a description of the effects:

Imbalanced by Atlas Brookings - An impromptu and prop-less murder mystery where the truth is sifted from the lies and the homicidal maniac exposed as the black-hearted fiend they really are.

A Series of Random Events by Art Vanderlay - The spectator shuffles a deck of cards and selects one at random. A story is told which reveals that very same card has changed the way you and your spectator see the world for the better.

Objective Thoughts by Sylar - You and the spectator play an imaginary version of the which hand effect using an object he is thinking of. You tell him in which hand the object is and then you proceed to reveal the object.

Mystery effect by Peter Turner - if you have any of Pete's material you know this will be good. For now we are keeping this effect a secret.

The Perk is £60 and they will be delivered a month after the campaign is over, so middle of November. You receive 4 great effects and help the project.

You can find the DVD here http://igg.me/at/sylardeception and all you need to do to order it is buy the Mentalism DVD Perk.

If you have questions about the DVD please don't hesitate to ask, if you have questions about the project please email me here sylarmagic@gmail.com

Thank you,

Sylar
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
"A. S. A. P."!

Cool name for a mentalism boyband Smile
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Is the DVD "region-free"? (i.e., will it play the same on DVD players anywhere.) I would like to know this before pledging anything, in case I would have to watch the DVD on a laptop for any compatibility issues. Otherwise, would the download be the safer bet? Thanks.
♠Sylar♠
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of ♠Sylar♠
Hi BCE,

The DVD is region-free.

Sylar
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I make a guest appearance in the DVD, fame at last lol. Good job I didn't perform an effect, that would have messed up the name. S.P.A.M.A doesn't have the same ring to it lol.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
ASAP is the title of my most famous DVD!! (Only kidding. Smile ) Sounds great. Good luck with it!

Best-

Bob
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I've only funded things on Kickstarter, which the project owner only get the money if they reach the funding goal. At which time, pledgers receive the corresponding reward.

However, I notice with this Indiegogo campaign, it says;

Flexible Funding: This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal.

So it looks like you get the money regardless of you reaching the funding goal, which means the project likely will not come to fruition in its current form. So with all of that said, if you do not reach your goal and I pledge for the performer's DVD you mention here, will you still produce the DVD and will all of those who pledge at that level receive it, regardless of the success of the campaign?

Regards,
AH
♠Sylar♠
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of ♠Sylar♠
Hi Adam,

The mentalism DVD's will be produced and sent out regardless of how much money we make. We went with the flexible funds so we can still make a short documentary in case we don't reach our target. If you look at the "How we spend the money" section of the campaign you will see our brake-down of the budget. Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Sylar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.S.A.P DVD featuring Atlas Brookings, Sylar, Art Vanderlay and Peter Turner (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL