The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where to buy online? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
AustinKay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of AustinKay
I want to know of the best site to buy stuff online. I live in Mexico and I want to know a site I can trust.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Penguin!
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
I second Penguin, they have good prices and quick shipping. Also they have a great amount of products available.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Most magic sites are trustworthy, they just vary in the amount of stock they carry and speed of shipping.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
We always want our stuff fast and Penguin ships the same day...Very fast and great prices
AustinKay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of AustinKay
Thank you very much, I fount what I needed in penguin Smile
Holistic Magic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Holistic Magic
I like Penguin and buy from them and have been happy. They have a cool thing where they send you a video of your order being packed. It is not just a guy in a warehouse packing your order, but more of a performance. You see the packer's arms and they are wearing white gloves. They use hand gestures during the packing. Really cool and creative. It made a nice impression on me. Plus their prices and selection are great. Smile
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Penguin is a great shop with wonderful customer service and delivery speed. Generally though if I can find a magician's personal website I always like to purchase direct! Other options might include Theory11.com or Ellusionist.com (though most Café members are wary of E)
AustinKay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of AustinKay
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, mahucharn wrote:
Penguin is a great shop with wonderful customer service and delivery speed. Generally though if I can find a magician's personal website I always like to purchase direct! Other options might include Theory11.com or Ellusionist.com (though most Café members are wary of E)

Why is it that they are wary of E?
zoescout
View Profile
New user
Washington
48 Posts

Profile of zoescout
Penguin has always been great for me!
Thorn
View Profile
New user
United States Virgin Islands
66 Posts

Profile of Thorn
I love penguin magic customer service and fast shipping
yair61
View Profile
New user
Israel
55 Posts

Profile of yair61
Penguin magic is great like everyone has said, and I love ellusionist.com too, depends what you need.
Prometheus
View Profile
Special user
Europe
524 Posts

Profile of Prometheus
Hello,

I can recommend Penguin with it's great service. And the magician's directly, should be trust worth as well.

Cheers

Prometheus
-

Prometheus
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
What about Murphy's Magic?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
While a great source for browsing, Murphy's is a wholesaler that sells to dealers only.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
I didn't know that. I usually buy stuff from the Merchant of Magic which is a UK site but seems to have links with Murphy's Magic. Guess that explains why...
JayFredericks
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, WA
131 Posts

Profile of JayFredericks
Quote:

I've never had any problems with Ellusionist.com and they have some great products.
Not all magic sites carry all available products. I say, don't limit yourself to just one site - Penguin is great, but there's a ton of material you can't get from them.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
JayFredericks is right. If your preferred flavor of magic becomes less mainstream, you may find going to the source (the creator) is your best bet. It's not as difficult as it sounds. Just keep your eyes open around here. Read the posts. Look at the ads. A lot of magic creators only offer their effects on their terms on their sites. But to quote an old saying, "There's gold in them thar hills."
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
AustinKay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of AustinKay
I can't find everything I need at penguin magic and I don't want to pay double shipping
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2014, AustinKay wrote:
Quote:

Why is it that they are wary of E?

Ellusionist has made a few mistakes. And it has riled a few here. However, they have a few unique items, and Brad Christian is one of the best people in the business, in my opinion! Penguin is great! No question. For unique items, check out:

http://www.abbottmagic.com/

http://davidregal.com/

http://www.system6magic.com/

That's just three off the top of my head. There are a LOT more! Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where to buy online? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL