The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Organizing customer's contact (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Hi guys, do you use any program or how would you organize customer's info so I can stay in contact with them, send them newsletter etc? Any advice will be appreciated!
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I've been using http://Showbizcrm.com for a couple of years now and find that it saves me huge amounts of administrative time in organizing my client contact information and in keeping in touch with emails and newsletters. They've a new wizard in place now that makes the setup easy for a quick start at enhancing your productivity. The also give a six week free trial. Tell'm I sent'cha.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
In the sprit of "magicians helping magicians" I would add that ShowBiz CRM has a lot of bells and whistles and may not be the best fit in your case.

If you only want to collect contact lists and send newsletters (or maybe a string of emails through the year) there are simpler and cheaper options that do exactly that.

MailChimp is free for up to 2000 contacts (I don't know if auto responders are included in the free package) and AWeber is also quite popular among Café members.
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
IMO, as a marketer, if you're NOT using your list to generate monthly income (or revenue in general) you're missing out. If you're going to collect emails, use them! Why use a tool to help your business only to keep it in the shed?
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Showbizcrm looks good but I am not a big fan of their monthly fee. I will check out MailChimp, thanks for the sharing guys!
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
If you're going to run a business, at some point you have to be willing to invest in the tools that are going to make it run. I have a friend who uses ShowbizCRM and loves it, but I have no personal experience with it.

I'm currently using Highrise. It's $24 /month. It's simple and does everything I need. Keep in mind that you need more than a contact manager. You also need to log conversations about each customer, make notes, and organize email correspondence.

If I had to do over again I'm not sure I'd re-use Highrise, but all my business data is in it now and I don't feel like moving it.

The industry leader for CRM is Salesforce.com. They have an inexpensive starter plan. I'd seriously consider it if you believe your business will ever be more than a part-time entity. I wish this is where I would have started. They have tons of awesome tools in the bigger packages and EVERYTHING integrates with it.

If you insist on going free for now, take a look at Evernote. It might tide you over until you can step into a real CRM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Organizing customer's contact (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL