The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water Works (DVD and Gimmicks) by Uday Jadugar & Paul Harris - Trick (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..23~24~25 [Next]
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
So now this routine can be combined or followed with Rattled
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Hmm still have the old Flow trick never used it cause you know the sticky stuff lol This looks better? Looking forward to review comparing it to Flow also from Paul Harris Presents Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Back to availability of the right bottle thing them? hmm ,i will wait and see more reveiw's from folk in the UK ,i have chased paper clips'bottle's to fit RATTLED,and got quite fed up with becoming obbsessive,lol.
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Is it possible to take the supplied bottle with you and use it as a normal water bottle and drink out of it, without having to mess with the gimmick at all?
parsimagic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of parsimagic
Just a thought. Have the water bottle at your side during a stand up performance. Drink from the bottle during the performance at various times till there is about 1/4 of the water left. Bring up an audience member, place the bottle over their head, then perform the effect. Cap the bottle and toss it to an audience member in the front., (thus the reason to cap the bottle) Have them come up and try the effect, they get wet for a comical finish.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Quote:
Is it really a 'Precision made gimmick'?
Actually yes it really is, someone's put a lot of trouble into getting this made, this well

Uday Jadugar of India made this. He is well known for his Precision and Quality World Wide

Quote:
Will it last a lifetime?
Jury is out on this one. The gimmick has to be able to stand a lot of bashing around but they say it's up to it

According to the manufacturer it is made out of strong plastic- poly carbonate.

Quote:
How many gimmicks are included?
I think the right answer to this is 1 and a half
If someone takes the bottle and cap away at the end, or you lose it, you will need to buy the effect again

Nobody wants your used water bottle Smile losing this is as good as losing your wallet with 40 dollars in it.

Quote:
Can you can use any liquid?
Don't see any reason why not but fizz might be an issue
Also can't think of any obvious reason why you would want to

Fizz will not be a problem. There is a big opening for the gas to go out.

Quote:
Do you have to put the cap back on a bottle to clean up?
Yes no other way

I feel this is the best method. You can give the cap to the spectator to put back on the bottle. And later ask him to open the cap while the bottle is upside down. The water freely falls down.

Quote:
Is the gimmick built in such a way that you can apply and remove it using the traditional palming method if you prefer?
Someone has said that with practice you could do this, my opinion is that even with practice you would not want or be able to do this

If you want to palm the gimmick in traditional method why do buy this great precision made gimmick by paying so high? Just buy the old version for a few cents.

Quote:

Does the small ball from the trailer comes with the DVD?
Yes you get two - mine sinks like a stone both going in and out - I notice that at least one reviewer has had more success – quote - 'It SLOWLY comes out of the bottle, making the moment more intense'

Mine worked exactly like the promo. All balls are made by the same plastic and same size. How can yours be heavier than ours? Only Uday can reply to this puzzle.

Quote:
2. One of the down sides of this will be having to carry a plastic water bottle around with you - quite a big item in a close up case or pocket

I don't think it is a big thing to care for a great effect like this.

Quote:
3. Reaction - People were interested and amused but not fried but this was a lunch. Sort of reaction you would get from showing someone a really good science puzzle

For the great reaction you have to ask the spectator to open the cap and you see them screaming while they mess the whole thing.

Quote:
4. Reset - I found this the biggest drawback for regular use - for practical purposes this meant leaving the room between performances

This is not at all the draw back. Uday has made it so well even the smart audience also can not find the gimmick. I am going to buy two more sets as I am a professional performer. I need to go out of the room only once in 3 performances. It is a worth investment as it lasts for ages. And also I don't think any better version will hit the market in near future.

Quote:
Overall a good purchase for me, an almost effortless addition to my repertoire and very different to anything else I already do - clearly something new

Ya you r right, To know the beauty of this trick we need to buy it. One of the best tricks I have ever performed.

Balu...
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Adam Joseph
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Adam Joseph
I think I'll have to get this trick... it looks amazing. I wanted to buy one of the earlier versions of this trick (reviewed on the WPR a few months ago)... but never got around to it... glad I waited, because this version looks much better.

Normally, this type of trick would require too big of a prop for me to carry around, but the fact that it's a water bottle that I can drink out of makes it great for me. Normally I carry a water bottle with me anyways when I leave the house, so this is perfect for me.

I'm already starting to think of presentation ideas. You could present it as a bar bet, saying that the challenge is that you have to take out the blue ball from the bottle without spilling any water and without using any other objects (such as a straw). They wont know how to do it. Then you just turn the bottle upside down and let it drop out. Then you can proceed to show off and put toothpicks and pencils in there and all that good stuff.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Water Works has made it to us in the UK and all pre-orders have gone out, thank you to those that ordered from us.

I'm holding the free shipping at the moment but these cost over £4 to post due to there size so grab on now while the offer stands!

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/w......ris.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
danny mike
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of danny mike
Algebra2 with all do respect How about you try to perform flow before you judge, and please stop dropping little secrets of the gimmick cause it's not funny.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2014, ursmagicbalu wrote:

So now this routine can be combined or followed with Rattled

Good thought Balu.

In stead, I would suggest, have the same cap do both tricks (no switching of the cap) - I call it ‘Single Prop Multiple Effect’. I feel it should be quite feasible (I have no idea about the Water Works Gimmick). I think a slight change in the cap design should do the trick. I am sure Uday with his Magical mind and excellent engineering knowledge - Can do it.

. . . . but one might ask - Do we rally need it Smile

Back on topic please. Smile

Smile
P.S. In my initial days on the Café, I gave my radical thoughts/ ideas on 'Single Prop Multiple Effect'. If interested, find the thread. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
RobertMarsi
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of RobertMarsi
Hey fellas, I just received this today in the mail and boy o boy this is fun to play with. The gimmick is well made, durable, and portable (thus the keychain holder you get). If presented right, this could be a devastating effect, especially with the blue ball. Out of all the other similar effects out there, this one is a definite winner and the best overall. I feel like I got my money's worth.
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
I just this from Penguin. Are you suppose to receive the blue ball and a case for it?

All I receive was the bottle and DVD

I would appreciate your feedback

Thanks
RobertMarsi
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of RobertMarsi
Yes, you were supposed to get the blue ball and the carrying keychain case for the gimmick and ball. I would contact Penguin about that.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Want to win a copy of WaterWorks? The Paul Harris Presents Facebook page is giving a copy away for FREE!
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
427 Posts

Profile of boinko
Nice. I like this. The gimmicks are nice -- sturdy -- but they do take a bit of care to use (and remove).

Still, this is very cool. What's neat is that water still drips out. It's a very weird effect. More like a physics experiment than magic, but it has a magical element to it.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Cool gimmick. Works very well. Can be applied and removed secretly with no palming. Really well done and great thinking.
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Is it possible to have the cap on the bottle and just use it as a normal water bottle and drink out of it, then go into the routine when you want?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2014, Sanderr wrote:
Is it possible to have the cap on the bottle and just use it as a normal water bottle and drink out of it, then go into the routine when you want?

Yes you can, they can even take the cap off and drink and then you can go into the effect.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
That's awesome, I'm really interested now. Though I hope it isn't hard to find a bottle on which the gimmick fits here in the Netherlands. I think I'll wait for this week's WPR to see if they review it, then I might order it.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2014, Sanderr wrote:
That's awesome, I'm really interested now. Though I hope it isn't hard to find a bottle on which the gimmick fits here in the Netherlands. I think I'll wait for this week's WPR to see if they review it, then I might order it.

You get the bottle with this but you will be able to find others that will work if you wish or maybe you damage your bottle and need another.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water Works (DVD and Gimmicks) by Uday Jadugar & Paul Harris - Trick (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL