The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water Works (DVD and Gimmicks) by Uday Jadugar & Paul Harris - Trick (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Hey guys,
Check out my Water Works review:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/water-wor......gar.html
There were a few issues but overall, a great piece of magic.
James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi James

please understand that WaterWorks is designed to work perfectly every single time.

We want everyone who bought this to be completely satisfied! So anyone that was unlucky enough to to get one of defective units..please go to your dealer and have

it replaced free of charge with a normal properly functioning WaterWorks set. If you have any trouble working this out with your dealer..just go direct to

the PaulHarrisPresents.com site and we'll get your squared away asap.

Appreciate the kind reviews!

Janet Harris

PaulHarrisPresents
Trevah Whateva
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Trevah Whateva
Great news for anyone who purchased Water Works from Penguin...

Alex De La Fuente came up with a great new handling tip that Bro mentioned above. He was nice enough to send us a short video teaching his EASY SQUEEZE RE-SET which can now be found within your Penguin account.

Thanks, Alex!
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
My problems with Water Works have been resolved -- although it was a long road there. My original set didn't work because sometimes the gimmick would not set onto the bottle, and it would never pick up the gimmick aftewards for the clean-up. The folks at Vanishing, Inc. got me a replacement cap and gimmicks -- and STILL it didn't work! So they sent me yet a third set of caps and gimmicks, and VOILA! The problem was the cap. The cap I have now works just like it is supposed to, and since it works with the gimmicks I originally received, I know the problem was the cap itself, not the gimmicks. It has been so frustrating along the way that I have been doing the trick over and over the last couple of days just because I find it hard to believe that it actually works now! But, yes, it does work, and it's a marvelous routine and method. One possible help to those having trouble with the clean-up, you have to twist the cap on VERY tightly, and you should hear a cracking or clicking type of noise. If you don't hear that, then either you aren't twisting hard enough, or you might have a defective cap. Neither of my two previous caps made the clicking noise, and they were defective.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Love mine. I got startled when it popped right out after squeezing it Smile
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
After the spectator takes a sip, or pours a bit to verify the "innocence" of the bottle and water, it feels somehow "not right" for you or the spectator to recap the bottle, only to turn around an uncap it again for the actual trick. The spectator, I would think, will not automatically recap the bottle, so you either have to tell him to do so, or you have to do it yourself. But then you have to turn right around an uncap it again. Those of you who have been doing this in the real world, how do you justify that? Do you even feel you have to justify it? Do you just do it "absent mindedly," as it were, without any thought or attention, and so it flies by the audience? Or do you use some specific justification? (I'm also a bit afraid that if you let the spectator recap, they might twist the cap on tightly (especially a guy) so the gimmick with not "set.")

It seems more natural to me to start by letting the spectator uncap the bottle, and just let them keep holding the cap while you go right into the effect. You would do this the way Blackstone did it on the video clip someone posted earlier: just palm the gimmick onto the bottle. When the effect is done, ask for the bottle cap and replace it while the bottle is still upside down; turn the bottle rightside up and tighten the cap, then let the spectator take a closer look, uncap the bottle, etc. It is VERY easy to palm the gimmick onto the bottle, and it avoids the inconsistency of having to uncap then recap then uncap the bottle before doing the effect. The cap's sole function, then, would be for the clean-up at the end, which is wonderful because you can hand the bottle directly to the spectator for examination.
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
IMPORTANT HANDLING TIP!!

Will likely post this a few times just to keep newcomers on the thread up to date as we feel it is a major improvement.

Alex De La Fuente....EASY SQUEEZE RE-SET

Simply hold the cap between your thumb and forefinger at the edges.

Gently squeeze the side edges of the bottle cap, rotate the cap 180 degrees and squeeze again the SECRET THING will either pop right out off the cap or will come out with a light tap of the cap on the table. Much easier than banging!

We can't thank Alex De La Fuente and Mark Travesoni enough for this brilliant solution that makes Water Works even more fun and astonishing!
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi all

Here's a few approaches that make the on-off cap sequence a natural innocent happy thing:

a. You take off cap so spec can examine bottle..take a sip etc.
b. You blow into the bottle..and quickly cap it to keep the air inside..you let it sit for a moment for the strange process to happen.
c. You uncap the bottle..turn it upside down..and it works.
d.You put pencil etc into the bottle..then cap the bottle to hand out to spec. This is a natural thing as you are "making a complete package" of the pencil
in the bottle for the spec.

a. Take off cap for spec to examine bottle..take sip etc
b. Mention you are going to try something really strange..but first are going to do a practice run.
c. Put on the cap..turn the bottle upside down..hold it there for a moment..then turn right side up
d okay..you're ready for the real deal now. Take off the cap..turn bottle upside down and off you go.
d. Put pencil etc into bottle..re-cap to complete the package..and give to spec.

3. Blue Ball: All the off/on cap handling here is already naturally motivated by the ball actions..but to spell it out:

a. You open cap for spec to examine bottle..take a sip etc
b. Spec drops blue ball into mouth of bottle...you cap the bottle so that you can safely turn it upside down.
c. As the ball sinks to the bottom you unscrew the cap to allow the ball to fall out.
d. You put ball/pencil ext into the upside down bottle..then re-cap it to complete the package and hand out to spec.

Hope this helps.

Janet Harris

PHP Astonishment Goddess and chief bottle washer.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
All three options are great!!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
By the way, I want to say that I bought mine from Hocus Pocus, and they are really good!! Free worldwide shipping that includes the bottle, and they provide tracking number too~ Excellent customer service. Two big thumbs up!!

Thank you, Hocus Poscus.
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
I normally have the pencil/objects in my pocket so after they have a sip, dump water out etc. I take bottle back and place the lid on for a second while my hands do a quick pat of pockets to find my pencil etc. and then I bring the objects out, set them on the table or on someones hand and then you are into it Smile
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Hocus Pocus was very nice and they sent me replacement gimmicks (because the other wouldn't let me clean up).

The replacements don't work either, even after having "worn them in" and trying with both caps, and with different bottles. I'm done with this effect and anything that needs a gimmick to be a certain size. Not Hocus Pocus' fault at all, they tried to help.

I'm about to throw this in the trash can. That's how unfortunate I have been with this, and I hear I'm not the first.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
With all the faulty gimmick's that have gone out and all the shenanigans that have gone with this ,it's the reason I have stayed well away from this,shame as the concept was real good.
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi Sashac. Bro Gilbert from php will be contacting you and personally make sure you get a working waterworks. Every single unit is now being hand tested...so you must have got yours from an old batch. Can't tell you how much we appreciate your patience with this.everyone at php goes crazy when a quality control issue pops up..and works around the clock until the problem is solved. We just added three new full time QC people to hand test every single new php item that's manufactured..and then we do another spot check of 100 units after they arrive at Murphys. Please know that php will never leave you hanging..and guaranty that you will always end up with a perfect working effect.

Janet Harris
PHP Astonishment and QC Goddess
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Hello Janet.

Thank you so much, Bro has contacted me and was very nice, offering to help and send me yet another replacement. It's unfortunate because I think this is a WONDERFUL effect and I can tell a lot of money and work went into making this the best it can be, I've just been SUPER unfortunate with it and out of 4 gimmicks, not even got one that worked :/

Thanks again for your help and I can tell you guys really do care in making your customers happy, which is rare these days so thanks for that.

I am looking forward to FINALLY being able to perform this and blow some minds!
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Thanks Sashac! And to everyone else.
If you're ever in the hopefully rare situation
where you have an issue with a php item and your dealer can't help you..just contact me at paulharrispresents.com and I'll personally make sure that you're properly taken care of.

joy

Janet H.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
PHP is great.
I had a QC issue with a trick of theirs about a year ago. Everything worked fine, I just felt the gimmick was not as deceptive as it should be. Janet immediately sent me a new one no questions asked AND followed up with me about it.
Excellent customer service and they really do want to make the customer happy.
Couldn't ask for more.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Even though I haven't had the chance to play with this (for the reasons mentioned previously), I have found a BRILLIANT presentation for this that I think really relates to a modern audience. They learn something new, it's funny and the fact that the water bottle is held upside down in their hands, the fact that you are shoving something inside and the fact that you are performing this makes complete sense. Definitely something you want to do casually though. I am going to see a friend on tuesday that has a working gimmick and will ask him to film me.

I think some of you will like it!
Casey Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Casey Sparrow
Purchased this effect from Penguin and alas didn't work! contacted them and as I'm in Australia all they can offer is store credit for not even the full amount!
Need a new supplier I think!!

CS
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
With all the faulty gimmick's that have gone out and all the shenanigans that have gone with this ,it's the reason I have stayed well away from this,shame as the concept was real good.

Same here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water Works (DVD and Gimmicks) by Uday Jadugar & Paul Harris - Trick (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL