The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where to learn magic in London? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RossJ27
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of RossJ27
Hi everyone,
Could anyone recommend a teacher or adult card magic class in London?
Many thanks.
RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
239 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
International magic has a class, so does Davenports. You could also join a magic club (google is your friend). You could also look up the International Brotherhood of Magicians. The Magic Circle also has an apprentice scheme.

Hope this helps,

Danny
Let the Entertainment Commence!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
The Davernport magic shop offer course. I don't know if you know Davernports but the experience in the shop can be a hit and miss. The staff can be a bit odd and they run out of stock on things I would not expect like Bicycle playing cards. Also there online presence was pour. But I have not been there for a few years and there on line presence is very good now and I have heard good things about the store as well.

But what I will say is there course will be well worth doing. Because one thing Davanport dose know is magic and how to teach it and the theory be-hide it. I know very little about you but here is what I would do if I was going to do this course if I was pretty new to magic. Id book in and try and get a few days of work each week. Like Thursday, Friday, These will be home work days the course lay out seems pretty full on so devoting a day or two to it would be worth while. In this time go to covent garden a watch street performer not saying you want to be a busker but it a chance to see free performance of a very good standard. Also if you don't at this moment keep a magic jounreral, start one write down every thought every idea and chart your progress.
http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk/acatalog/Magic_Lessons.html

Good luck and hope this helps.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of longdeademperor
When I was in London during 2009 I did the International Magic course and I thought it was excellent. They supplied you with the props as part of the course price and gave you a DVD of each lesson to review at home later. Although it was a general introductory course, they did a fair amount of card magic as part of the syllabus. The next course starts during March 2015.

http://www.internationalmagic.com/magic-course.shtml

I haven't done the course at Davenport's, but I am sure it is very rewarding also.
RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
239 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
The international course is more thorough, longer, has DVD's and is more expensive. Davenports used to allow you to just do the cards modules (cheaper). The apprentice scheme at the magic circle allows you to go to the magic circle on Monday nights and meet some top card guys all of whom are very nice and will help you.

Danny
Let the Entertainment Commence!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where to learn magic in London? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL