The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Code by Andy Nyman... Which stack? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Can anyone please confirm if the code by Andy Nyman uses mnemonica (Tamariz) stack?
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Consider it confirmed. It does indeed use Mnemonica.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Ok Sir, Thanks.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
But it's not necessary to know the stack thoroughly , yes??
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, mtgoldstein wrote:
But it's not necessary to know the stack thoroughly , yes??

You don't need to know it at all. In fact, not knowing the stack is essentially the only reason I can think of to purchase it. If one has been using Mnemonica for any length of time, any simple marked deck (or quite a few other methods to do without marks at all) will siffoce.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Thanks. Yes having looked at the trailer it does seem that whatever its method with the same routining there are other methods that could reproduce the effect .
MagicKingdom10
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of MagicKingdom10
I am considering getting it even though I already know the mnemonica; I guess the Code's distinctive marks are very attractive to me and they could prove to be really useful in the future. It is kind of cool to own such a remarkable deck!
I Love You God Smile
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I know Mnemonica and I use the Code on occasion - it still has it's uses as a specially marked deck. This works great for a card stab routine (like Michael Close's from Workers 5). Just one example...
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Would the Aronson stack work with the Code?
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
No. Read the second post.
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Mr. Nyman is to be given credit for coming up with an ingenious marking system that permits one to perform lots of memorized deck magic without actually memorizing the stack. The system tells you the card itself, the stack position, and the card adjacent. One can perform a lot of miracles with this information. That said, I think much of the very best memorized deck magic actual requires one to know a card's position or the card at a given position just because one knows it. I think the trailer does show some really excellent possibilities, but I agree with foregoing comments that combining a memorized stack with a conventionally marked deck (and often not even that) can do much of this stuff just fine.
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
There is something fantastic in the way the pursuit of laziness sparks the creative process. I think the code is great for eliminating the effort of memdeck for certain effects. Not going to stop me doing that kind of work anyway to be used in other ways but it is something of an elegant shortcut and I think a great choice of stack.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Code by Andy Nyman... Which stack? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL