The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Seems another wallet will be out soon:
http://www.ellusionist.com/the-informant-by-bobby-motta.html

Packed within its slim construction is an impression and glimpse device that allows you to divine a spectator’s though-of word, number or drawing. Combined with a post-it note and included pen, you’re set up and ready to perform at a moment’s notice.

With multiple card slots, BlackMail panel & sleeve, ID windows and out to lunch strap - this is the ultimate mentalist’s wallet, packing an entire show right into your pocket.

• Amazing, genuine leather and quality construction
• The perfect impression utility
• Out to Lunch Set Up
• BlackMail Compatible (1 Gimmick Included)
• Thin, easy to carry
• Includes special Reveal Pen
• Download Teaching by Bobby Motta, one of the world’s top mentalists

Made from supple, genuine leather, Informant actually passes inspection as a real wallet - because it is! No checkbook sized behemoths, no encyclopedia-thick monstrosities, this is a slim, every day carry wallet that can slip in and out of your pocket without fumbling or need for a jacket.


Anyone has more info like size or demo video?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Bought it, will let you know when I get it!
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Bought it, will let you know when I get it!


Great, Sashac!
Look forwards your review and compare with other wallet.
I remember you have owned several other wallets and your tips of video is really helpful.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5116 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Blatant exposure on the trailer. Looks like a nice product, but the irresponsible attitude towards secrecy must move the community to NOT support this.


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Why would anyone want to use something that has been exposed on YouTube for everyone to see !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Richard Doyle
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
125 Posts

Profile of Richard Doyle
Ordered
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Disclaimer: Bobby and I are friends and we work together. But I have no financial or personal involvement with the project.

So, here's the thing. What bobby did is AWESOME. He provided you, the potential buyer, with the information you need to make an informed purchasing choice. If you like the idea, get it and blow people away with it (like I've seen bobby do countless times). If it isn't for you, something you now know because of the trailer, then don't purchase it!

And regarding the "exposure" of the trick running its use... that hasn't been true with any other trick so I cannot imagine it being true with Informant (look up ambitious card tutorials on YouTube- there are tons and that hasn't stopped us from entertaining and fooling audiences with it! ).

And, truthfully, this isn't an exposure video. It's a sales ad, a commercial, designed to inform interested parties (magicians) about a new product available for purchase. Unless you're approaching your lay audiences by asking if they've "seen the Informant wallet by bobby Motta?", what could they possibly search for? And, more importantly, if they're aware that the wallet plays an instrumental part in making the effect possible you've DONE SOMETHING WRONG!

Now if after all that you still feel that the product isn't for you, that's ok. Don't buy it. But for those that do you'll be holding an extremely powerful weapon you can use to obliterate an audience. If you're violent like that.

Ben Train
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I see only one thing I don't like about this and have two questions:


I don't like the fact that it doesn't have any type of slot (credit card/money/ID) on the right side, but that must be due to the method for something.

My questions are:

what EXACTLY can you hold in this? What does it have as a normal wallet or would you say this is more of a business card case?

And lastly, regarding the impression device, do you need a special pen or could we use a normal sharpie? (what I'm asking is, is it more similar to psypher/other pads or the ones that can use any pen?
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Finally managed to watch the trailer, I think it is a good trailer let buyer know what they will get instead of buy it and sell it if not your cup of tea.

I may not buy it after watching it since I am not comfortable enough to do the dirty work get the peek.
And I guess it need special pen which comes with it as indicated in trailer.

Can the wallet put any bill inside?
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
598 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Don't get me wrong, the product looks great.. but the demo is just way too much exposure.

Can't you at least make a password protected video or something? I'm sure you can get it handled in some way.

Otherwise, you might as well explain everyone center t**'s and all sort of stuff for free next time lol.

Andreu.
Richard Doyle
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
125 Posts

Profile of Richard Doyle
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, Ben Train wrote:
Disclaimer: Bobby and I are friends and we work together. But I have no financial or personal involvement with the project.

So, here's the thing. What bobby did is AWESOME. He provided you, the potential buyer, with the information you need to make an informed purchasing choice. If you like the idea, get it and blow people away with it (like I've seen bobby do countless times). If it isn't for you, something you now know because of the trailer, then don't purchase it!

And regarding the "exposure" of the trick running its use... that hasn't been true with any other trick so I cannot imagine it being true with Informant (look up ambitious card tutorials on YouTube- there are tons and that hasn't stopped us from entertaining and fooling audiences with it! ).

And, truthfully, this isn't an exposure video. It's a sales ad, a commercial, designed to inform interested parties (magicians) about a new product available for purchase. Unless you're approaching your lay audiences by asking if they've "seen the Informant wallet by bobby Motta?", what could they possibly search for? And, more importantly, if they're aware that the wallet plays an instrumental part in making the effect possible you've DONE SOMETHING WRONG!

Now if after all that you still feel that the product isn't for you, that's ok. Don't buy it. But for those that do you'll be holding an extremely powerful weapon you can use to obliterate an audience. If you're violent like that.

Ben Train


I agree
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
Ben is 100% right.

Great job Bobby, this looks awesome.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5116 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Just wow...


Because childs without any understanding of artistic ethics in mystery performance upload exposure videos, now a big company can do it.


Just wow...
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Will other shop carry it ? Since the shipping from E to Europe is just crazy expensive.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes I agree. The important thing here is to 'shift units'
The promo did not have to be that blatant after all it is yet another peek wallet.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, Alex DLF wrote:
Will other shop carry it ? Since the shipping from E to Europe is just crazy expensive.


You can say that again $50 to ship a lightweight leather wallet ,

This wipes out any kind of value the wallet might have been in the first place

E has always been one of the most expensive dealers in the world to ship it's items I think the last time I looked at E it was something like $40 to ship a single DVD

5 years on and it's clear they are not interested in selling to anyone other than people in USA

If penguin can ship a large box of items in 2 days from USA to UK for $22

Charging $50 for a lightweight Wallet is nothing short of a Rip Off
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
Crazy expensive indeed!

Oh wait... $23.16 for France seems fine.

Good things come to those who...
Yann SICAMOIS
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1129 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Exposure? I really don't understand the joke.
How does a person that wants to know how this is done end up hitting the 'exposure'? Maybe when people perform say "oh by the way this trick is called the 'ambitious card' so you can easily find it on youtube"?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1121 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
This looks very nice. Cheaper than all of my other wallets as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (74 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL