The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (75 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
192 Posts

Profile of MinSting
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2014, shakuni wrote:
Is the pen/sharpie a normal one or is it also something special that we need to buy again later?

is "special", but I guess you can just change the ink when it ends
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thanks a lot for help. I have one more question. Will it be an ellusionist exclusive or will it be available on other sites soon? I have asked the same question to ellusionist directly but haven't heard back yet.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2014, MinSting wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2014, shakuni wrote:
Is the pen/sharpie a normal one or is it also something special that we need to buy again later?

is "special", but I guess you can just change the ink when it ends

Correct, you can easily change the ink.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2014, M Sini wrote:
I recieved mine over the weekend and it's currently in my pocket. For me, it's the perfect everyday wallet. For years I've carried a money clip style wallet as I like to carry mine in my front pocket; Informant is small enough to do that. The impression device (Pypher) is something I've been using for years so to be able to have it with me at all times without taking up any more room is perfect.

The quality is excellent and it should hold up for as long as any other leather wallet.

To let you know what it can handle, I currently have the following items in my Informant: Driver's License and insurnace card in one ID window, Impression device in the other ID window. 3 credit cards in 2 slots, some cash, a few business cards, and the reset "device."

My only knock on the product is the "training video." The video link they send you will show you how to use the wallet. It will not provide you with much in the way of routining or using the Out-to-Lunch principle. But like I said, I've been using Psypher since it was called Univerisal Impression so I have my routines set and as for Out-to-Lunch, I've got that covered too. However, since many that shop on Ellusionist are perhaps less-experienced, they may be disappointed with the training video.

Also, you do get 2 Imp devices. They are both the same but you do get 2.

Just caught your review on the site too Mario. Glad to hear you're digging on this, I never leave home without it!
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
192 Posts

Profile of MinSting
I usually carry 4 gimmicked poker size cards for an impromptu "think any card" trick, does the wallet allow insert a poker size card in any of the slots or they are tigh credit card size slots?
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I received my Informant Wallet and watched the tutorials. my first impressions after opening the box were that this is a very small wallet. It does not have a lot of pockets so those who carry a lot more than their every day ID and credit cards are going to be disappointed. I don't like to carry too much in my regular wallet so it is fine for me. I have my ID, credit cards, business cards and a few bits of post-its cut in half. The quality of the wallet is very good. I believe that is will last a long time. I don't plan to use the extra functions built into the wallet. The other features are good but just not for my style. The teaching is all done online with each chapter as its own video. He gives the overview of how it works and a few ways of getting the information. If you have a certain utility device already than as soon as you see it you will know exactly how the wallet and bits work together. The workings of the entire package is very satisfying. I really can't see anyone being disappointed in the method. I have already added my daily wallet needs to it and am ready to hit the streets. I can't and will never try to speak for anyone else, only for myself. I for one am very happy with this purchase and am confidant that I will get fantastic reactions from this little prop. If you have yours please share your thoughts as well.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2014, Cassidy001 wrote:
I received my Informant Wallet and watched the tutorials. my first impressions after opening the box were that this is a very small wallet. It does not have a lot of pockets so those who carry a lot more than their every day ID and credit cards are going to be disappointed. I don't like to carry too much in my regular wallet so it is fine for me. I have my ID, credit cards, business cards and a few bits of post-its cut in half. The quality of the wallet is very good. I believe that is will last a long time. I don't plan to use the extra functions built into the wallet. The other features are good but just not for my style. The teaching is all done online with each chapter as its own video. He gives the overview of how it works and a few ways of getting the information. If you have a certain utility device already than as soon as you see it you will know exactly how the wallet and bits work together. The workings of the entire package is very satisfying. I really can't see anyone being disappointed in the method. I have already added my daily wallet needs to it and am ready to hit the streets. I can't and will never try to speak for anyone else, only for myself. I for one am very happy with this purchase and am confidant that I will get fantastic reactions from this little prop. If you have yours please share your thoughts as well.

Right on! This wallet is the same size as my old one so the transition was an easy one. I feel like James Bond now with a secret weapon ready to crush people at any given moment Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Available to uk dealers?
I've asked to be banned
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Available to uk dealers?

We will be wholesaling Informant to UK dealers before the end of this month so yes they should be available on your side of the pond in the near future.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Quick review of THE INFORMANT:
-----------------------------------

THE GOOD

Exactly what the trailer says - it does.

Well made wallet

Nice, small and compact, perfect for your pocket.

Well made gimmicks - easy to use.

THE BAD:

Bobby Motta is a cool guy but the web-hosted instructions are very loose and bad. It literally skips from showing you the wallet to performing, no details on setting up properly. A lot is really missed out, which may be obvious to some but this was my first impression device and I literally had to work out how to use it myself.... I was erasing the wrong side for 5 minutes foolishly....

The product works as described, but as I said, this is my first impression device and I've been struggling to get 100 percent success with it. My problem, is that I am really struggling to read spectators hand writing........ so often it is illegible and doesn't show that clearly....

OVERALL:

It is cool and I will use it... despite it so far proving unreliable peeking the information effetively as it isn't always clear. The wallet is very small and will not hold much, so it will not replace my Harry Robson wallet... in fact, I've fitted one of the gimmicks into that and turned that into an impression device too. Rather than professional gigs, which I will use my big existing wallet for, this is very much my 'magic down the pub' device to get the phone numbers of some hot sluts.

7/10 - buy if you haven't got a peek device. It won't replace your CTW big gun. But a nice addition to my pockets. Like it.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
to get the phone numbers of some hot sluts.

...a class act...
I've asked to be banned
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Quote:
Quote:

...a class act...

He clearly wants to make a connection that will touch his audiences...
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Quote:
Quote:

...a class act...

I fear for our future.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Mark if you'd like some extra help we're always just an email or phone call away. I'm also willing to help out in any way that I can as well. We want to make sure your experience is the best one possible from the moment you decide to shop with us, the first time you try out a brand new effect and well beyond.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Cheers Luke, appreciated. As I said I love the product and am using it, just warming up to the method and inevitable spectators making life harder than it needs to be. What do you do when a spectator's handwriting just cannot be identified?

Other than that, I am concerned that so many people are zooming in on a comment I made about attracting members of the opposite sex. Why should my alpha, red bloodedness and success with women overshadow my honest and detailed review? Can we keep comments on the product please and not get the thread sidetracked? Don't be such a prude.
(And Cassidy 001, we wouldn't have a future if it wasn't for courtship and reproduction).
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Perhaps people are zooming in on the language used, just a thought
I love sponges
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you choose to use inflammatory or disrepectful language...expect to be called on it...its the only way to keep forums fair and even...and considering how sleazy and cheesy magicians can be seen by the public, maybe its wise to not refer to women as "hot sluts"...
I've asked to be banned
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
Cheers Luke, appreciated. As I said I love the product and am using it, just warming up to the method and inevitable spectators making life harder than it needs to be. What do you do when a spectator's handwriting just cannot be identified?

Other than that, I am concerned that so many people are zooming in on a comment I made about attracting members of the opposite sex. Why should my alpha, red bloodedness and success with women overshadow my honest and detailed review? Can we keep comments on the product please and not get the thread sidetracked? Don't be such a prude.
(And Cassidy 001, we wouldn't have a future if it wasn't for courtship and reproduction).

By calling them "hot sluts" it means that you see yourself as being "easy" and basically a male w@&re. Let's get back on topic. Informant. Anyone received this in the UK yet?
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I have had the chance to give it a go now a few times and I am very impressed. This is now my everyday wallet. The pen being attached to the key chain is an added bonus as well so I don't ever have to worry about forgetting it.i tried out a few name deviations and some important dates. Always justifying writing it down as needing it to be proof so they can't change their minds. I am glad to have it.
--Axel Brass
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:

Other than that, I am concerned that so many people are zooming in on a comment I made about attracting members of the opposite sex.

Why should my alpha, red bloodedness and success with women overshadow my honest and detailed review?

never hurt Clinton!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (75 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL