The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (75 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
The exact same goes for the Nomad. I have used it hundreds of times now and nobody has ever even come close to the method

Exactly. Probably because when you perform it you don't say "BTW, this trick is called Nomad". Right? So it's really hard IMHO to claim that it was exposure...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
UK stockists?
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1038 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I just got an early peek at the instructional part of this and Bobby has come up with some really slick ways to get the peek that I never thought of. You can tell this guy is a worker!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1477 Posts

Profile of Jared
For most of us the issue has more to do with the growing pains of buying magic on the web as compared to the old days of brick and mortar shops. In both cases, magic "tricks" should NEVER be exposed to the buyer until the secret has been purchased. But with "utility" items such as a wallet it was quite common to be able to view/handle them in shops to better help with your decision. The difficulty that online stores have today is knowing who their paying customers are and their commitment to the art. When you walked into a magic shop years ago, the person behind the counter generally knew who the pros were compared to the casual hobbyist. The next logical step for online stores is to figure out how they can register paid performers so that they could get a sneak peek (no pun intended) at certain accessory items behind the curtain so to speak.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2014, Luke Dancy wrote:
I just got an early peek at the instructional part of this and Bobby has come up with some really slick ways to get the peek that I never thought of. You can tell this guy is a worker!

Is it still set to ship on Wednesday (8 October 2014)?

Tony
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1891 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
So, Jared, greats such as Milt Kort and John Ramsey would be denied benefits you say should be given only to paid performers?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1477 Posts

Profile of Jared
Ray,
I'm not necessarily saying respected performers well-known within the community should be denied. Your taking my post to the letter rather than getting the gist of the overall concept. To avoid a pointless dispute let's just say performers who are more than just your casual hobbyist.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12447 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:

... People like Mastermindreader, my advice would be to stop worrying about what laymen do in their personal time and concentrate on trying to be an okay magician..... you'r obviously not confident in yourself as a performer for spectators not to suspect you have to rely on a dodgey wallet prop to read minds.

LOL! The managers of some of the top venues in the country would probably disagree with you.

You ARE totally new to magic, aren't you?

But, again, thank you for contributing to the trivialization of the art. Cash in while you can.

LOL!!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1891 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Jared, I don't engage in pointless disputes. It just bothers me that a lot people think that only paid performers are good magicians, that if you were a good magician, you'd be out there making money at it, which is clearly not the case. So your idea of somehow having a registry of magicians who are not just casual hobbyists is impractical, if not impossible.

John C, the guy, magicmarkworldwide2, already apologized, profusely, for a silly mistake. Is there any need to keep piling on?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1477 Posts

Profile of Jared
Ray,
Again, not trying to ruffle anybody's feathers here. I just threw out a raw concept. If you have a better idea than please share. I agree to your point that you don't have to be a paid performer to be good. I don't know if there's a viable solution out there waiting in the wings, but we seem to both agree that secrets should be kept under wraps.

Cheers
Jared
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Tracking says it will be delivered today. Looking forward to it. I'll give it a go and let ya know.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12447 Posts

Profile of John C
Anyone know if these babies will be available at mindvention ?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of shakuni
How does it compares to ParaLabs' Paranormal Wallet?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7104 Posts

Profile of Dougini
A friend of mine who, by the way, has nothing to do with magic, sent me an email before this was changed. I noticed I was one of a dozen or more recipients. Quoting: "LOL! Always wondered how these guys did this stuff! It's always a trick!" then he put the link.

Yeah. People Google a lot of things. I don't like it one bit. Not a THING we can do about it. Adjust, adjust! Ha! Not a chance I'm getting this wallet! My friend has a big mouth. Oh well!

Doug
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1620 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I know what you mean Dougini..such a simple and beautiful idea thrown around like trash.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Dougini wrote:
A friend of mine who, by the way, has nothing to do with magic, sent me an email before this was changed. I noticed I was one of a dozen or more recipients. Quoting: "LOL! Always wondered how these guys did this stuff! It's always a trick!" then he put the link.

Yeah. People Google a lot of things. I don't like it one bit. Not a THING we can do about it. Adjust, adjust! Ha! Not a chance I'm getting this wallet! My friend has a big mouth. Oh well!

Doug

Wow... How is that possible? Is he on the ellusionist mailing list of something? I'm just curious.
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2014, DynaMix wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Dougini wrote:

Doug

Wow... How is that possible? Is he on the ellusionist mailing list of something? I'm just curious.

Not too hard to find. Just did a google search myself and found it..........http://vimeo.com/106930137
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7104 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2014, DynaMix wrote:

I know, right? This guy's not into magic at all. Likes to shoot his mouth off about the Masked Moron once in a while. He's a YouTube surfer. He probably stumbled on it by accident! Who knows how many of his recipients shared it. Sad.

Doug
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
172 Posts

Profile of MinSting
Did any of you received the wallet already?
how many cards can it hold?

i am really undecided about getting The informant or a Pantera Wallet from Outlaw,

i just can't stand with big wallets, I need compact ones and those are the best I found,

The informant looks wonderful as its vertical, (the way I like them), but the drawbacks are the lacks of holes for hold several everyday items, maybe there are two pockets at much,
also the two ID windows make it suspicious... 99% of wallets doesn't have external windows, just a few, so each time I see a mental wallet with a window I already think something strange...

Pantera is also very compact and doesn't need any special pen for it, however I can't manage a excuse to just pick his paper and put it in your wallet, that's as odd as a wallet with external ID windows, and another "bad" point might be the lack of pockets, there are just 2 pockets for your stuff, and sadly they are not vertical, so you can't remove something quick from the wallet, you need to fully open it,
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1909 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2014, MinSting wrote:
Did any of you received the wallet already?
how many cards can it hold?

i am really undecided about getting The informant or a Pantera Wallet from Outlaw,

i just can't stand with big wallets, I need compact ones and those are the best I found,

The informant looks wonderful as its vertical, (the way I like them), but the drawbacks are the lacks of holes for hold several everyday items, maybe there are two pockets at much,
also the two ID windows make it suspicious... 99% of wallets doesn't have external windows, just a few, so each time I see a mental wallet with a window I already think something strange...

Pantera is also very compact and doesn't need any special pen for it, however I can't manage a excuse to just pick his paper and put it in your wallet, that's as odd as a wallet with external ID windows, and another "bad" point might be the lack of pockets, there are just 2 pockets for your stuff, and sadly they are not vertical, so you can't remove something quick from the wallet, you need to fully open it,

Looks like you have answered your own question !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (75 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL