The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (75 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, Luke Dancy wrote:
Hi guys, we've been listening! The trailer in question has been removed and a new one has just been uploaded here http://youtu.be/K460eh14iZw

With it being the weekend we've been doing our best to address this issue and will have the video on the actual product page updated as well once our tech team is able to make the changes.

We appreciate the honest feedback and for helping us keep the art of magic on the right track. The only thing left to say is...thank you!

All the best!

I also hope you address the Rip Off shipping charge

If penguin can ship a huge box in 2 days from

USA to UK for $22 then why this is charged a $50 for a light weight item is beyond me
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Im astounded that people are really defending the original ad and saying it wasn't an issue, my conclusion can only be that those people don't use p**k wallets in there line of work and therefore aren't bothered that someone has exposed a trick they do.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Galileo-

My guess is that those people are simply hobbyists, anxious to learn secrets and share them for free on YouTube to show off since they aren't actual performers at all.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Come on, the trailer hardly 'REVEALED' the biggest kept secret in magic did it? It was blatently obvious it was another peek wallet, all wallets are advertised as such. This one just made transparent the method for us magicians to have confidence in buying it, which I did. Job done. I knew straight away what I was getting and that it works AS ADVERTISED. In a world of such terrible advertisements, it was refreshing to see something honest. And, in terms of exposure, at the end of the day, despite being on youtube and magic sites, it isn't exactly printed across national newspapers is it? Spectators would have to be a bit sad, and extremely lucky to stumble on this, watch it, care, relate it to the trick you've done exactly and connect the billion dots.

It's not our job to worry about what laymen do and don't look up on the internet. What they type in to google, find, don't find is out of our control. Let's be honest, with a bit of research anyone can find out how ANYTHING IS DONE. It's our job to make sure our performance does not make them suspect the props we use, in this case the wallet. As a previous poster said, if they type in 'magic wallet' on google you're already dead. Likewise, 'how to make a coin vanish', or how to reverse a card in deck' etc etc. EVER SINCE MAGIC BECAME COMMERCIAL, WE HAVE TO LIVE with these facts.

I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF EXPOSURE, it's a damaging thing, but in this case there has been total overreaction. The trailer was designed to give us magicians the confidence to purchase a great product, and it did, I for one paid good money for it. People like Mastermindreader, my advice would be to stop worrying about what laymen do in their personal time and concentrate on trying to be an okay magician..... you'r obviously not confident in yourself as a performer for spectators not to suspect you have to rely on a dodgey wallet prop to read minds.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Come on, the trailer hardly 'REVEALED' the biggest kept secret in magic did it? It was blatently obvious it was another peek wallet, all wallets are advertised as such. This one just made transparent the method for us magicians to have confidence in buying it, which I did. Job done. I knew straight away what I was getting and that it works AS ADVERTISED. In a world of such terrible advertisements, it was refreshing to see something honest. And, in terms of exposure, at the end of the day, despite being on youtube and magic sites, it isn't exactly printed across national newspapers is it? Spectators would have to be a bit sad, and extremely lucky to stumble on this, watch it, care, relate it to the trick you've done exactly and connect the billion dots.

It's not our job to worry about what laymen do and don't look up on the internet. What they type in to google, find, don't find is out of our control. Let's be honest, with a bit of research anyone can find out how ANYTHING IS DONE. It's our job to make sure our performance does not make them suspect the props we use, in this case the wallet. As a previous poster said, if they type in 'magic wallet' on google you're already dead. Likewise, 'how to make a coin vanish', or how to reverse a card in deck' etc etc. EVER SINCE MAGIC BECAME COMMERCIAL, WE HAVE TO LIVE with these facts.

I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF EXPOSURE, it's a damaging thing, but in this case there has been total overreaction. The trailer was designed to give us magicians the confidence to purchase a great product, and it did, I for one paid good money for it. People like Mastermindreader, my advice would be to stop worrying about what laymen do in their personal time and concentrate on trying to be an okay magician..... you'r obviously not confident in yourself as a performer for spectators not to suspect you have to rely on a dodgey wallet prop to read minds.

I'd like to adress a few things about this statement, one your right it isn't the biggest secret kept it magic, but it is a very prominent one kept in MENTALISM, so maybe no biggie for your average walk around magician but for a mentalist it may be his "Bread and Butter" so to speak. As for your statement that not many laymen Google these things your right, not many will find this but a few will and I see no reason for us to leave this lying around for them to discover in the first place. and Finally you say "its out of our control what laymen search and find on the internet" this is false. It is in our control and is the exact reason we have a private section on the Café, so that people don't go around spouting off the method to every routine just to impress everyone about how smart they are.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:

... People like Mastermindreader, my advice would be to stop worrying about what laymen do in their personal time and concentrate on trying to be an okay magician..... you'r obviously not confident in yourself as a performer for spectators not to suspect you have to rely on a dodgey wallet prop to read minds.

LOL! The managers of some of the top venues in the country would probably disagree with you.

You ARE totally new to magic, aren't you?

But, again, thank you for contributing to the trivialization of the art. Cash in while you can.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
It appears this discussion of exposure will go on until the end of time. I hate it and feel that it should be kept to as much of a minimum as possible, but it's out there and it's something we all have to deal with.

magicmarkworldwide2, tell me you don't know that mastermindreader is Bob Cassidy, one of the most successful and experienced mentalists in the world. It's kind of humorous, and absurd actually, for you to be lecturing him on being confident in himself.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
You sort of just told one of the modern day fore founders of mentalism to be more confident in himself.....
Darcy.W
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Darcy.W
Looks good. I really want to get this but I'm worried that the shipping prices to Australia will be ridiculous.

As far as the debate on exposure... Honestly the trailer barely revealed anything. And it still astounds me that there is so much hate within the magic community. So many people thinking their better than others just because they have a difference in opinion.
"I would much rather be hated for what I am, than loved for something that I'm not" CM Punk
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Darcy-

The original trailer explained the complete workings. It has since been replaced.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
People like Mastermindreader, my advice would be to stop worrying about what laymen do in their personal time and concentrate on trying to be an okay magician..... you'r obviously not confident in yourself as a performer for spectators not to suspect you have to rely on a dodgey wallet prop to read minds.

This is one of the funniest post of the month in here.
You have any idea who is "Mastermindreader" ? CLEARLY not...
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
To be fair, it would take considerable effort and attention for Bob to lower himself to "okay magician". Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I love how he is giving me "advice." Smile
Syndrome
View Profile
Regular user
CANADIAN IMP
165 Posts

Profile of Syndrome
Quote:

People like Mastermindreader, my advice would be to stop worrying about what laymen do in their personal time and concentrate on trying to be an okay magician..... you'r obviously not confident in yourself as a performer for spectators not to suspect you have to rely on a dodgey wallet prop to read minds.

Wow! Thank you for the nervous laugh. It's *good* to be back here after so long Smile. I'm astounded by the behaviour. And not just you magicmarkworldwide2. I'm seeing it elsewhere on this forum. I was hoping some things would change. Seems to have become somewhat sadder in places.

Exposure, contempt, disrespect, etc. I wonder where we're all headed.

Alex
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." -Voltaire (1694-1778)
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
It has been quite a weekend here in Café land. With that said, I was glad that Ellusionist listened to the concerns of many here. Maybe that will not only address this issue, but slow other vendors from making similar decisions in the future.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Syndrome
View Profile
Regular user
CANADIAN IMP
165 Posts

Profile of Syndrome
Let's hope it does.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." -Voltaire (1694-1778)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
The irony is, magicmarkworldwide could have googled bob Cassidy to find out who he is...

Any secret relating to entertaining magic and mentalism, is a secret worth keeping...
I've asked to be banned
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:

My jaw just literally hit the floor when I read this. No no no no! I have to read that again to believe it lol.

Mr Cassidy is one of the most confident performers I have ever seen perform on stage. And, in my opinion, he has created the strongest and most deceptive and practical piece of mentalism ever created, 4DT.

Myke
X
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Bob's been doing mentalism so long, that when he started, they hadn't even invented the word "confident" yet. If you haven't seen him perform on tv, here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC-rwZdqckA

great routine, oh, he invented all that material BTW. You might of heard of the name place routine, yup, Bob cassidy.
SMH,
James
ps
you might go to the FML website and post about this:
"I told Bob Cassidy he needed more confidence in his performances! FML"

Quote:
On Sep 29, 2014, Myke Phillips wrote:
Quote:

My jaw just literally hit the floor when I read this. No no no no! I have to read that again to believe it lol.

Mr Cassidy is one of the most confident performers I have ever seen perform on stage. And, in my opinion, he has created the strongest and most deceptive and practical piece of mentalism ever created, 4DT.

Myke
X
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:

That was the stupidest (but funniest) comment I have ever heard on the Café. Haha you my friend are a comedic genius. Bob Cassidy is one of (if not THE) greatest mentalists alive. He is up there with Anneman, Koran, Knepper, Osterlind, ..... just to name a few. Please, check who you are talking to before talking.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE INFORMANT BY BOBBY MOTTA (mentalism wallet) (75 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL