The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite tricks where you leave your business card? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
frankie5aces
View Profile
New user
Nowhere
77 Posts

Profile of frankie5aces
I'm looking to start marketing myself and the best method I can think of would be to incorporate a business card drop as a reveal or a take home gift. Instead of just trying to push it on someone after a routine.
Which are your favorites? I really dig Dan harlans gypsy eye mentalism thing..
Any others you guys use on the regular?
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Toosh
Business card cardiographic
Mental epic type routines
Drawn again
Use them to write down predictions
Use them to have spectator write down things (like the powerball 60 number they picked)

Their uses are only limited by your imagination. The best advice is to do well at your act(s) and they will ask for your card.

Patrick Wallace
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Forgot any out to lunch principles.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Richard Pinner's PET. Or even better, during my signed card routine they express interest in a business card and it comes out of my wallet, and then the signed card does too.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I use my business card for card warp with another selected then signed card.

And for writing predictions for Directors Cut (Simon Shaw) and Sneak Preview (Danny Archer).

About one in four leave the table.

I always give under-12s a Magic Trading Card (Performers Print Shop). 95% are taken home.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
You can use business cards to do Melt or Melt 2.0 by Matthew Johnson instead of using a playing card
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Get Jay's DVD, you'll overdose on effects.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I only have one, and it's a card trick. And I normally don't do card tricks. Show your business card (upside down) and tell them there's a card prediction on it. Force a card - then turn over your business card. You got it wrong! Now take out a cig. lighter, and pass the flame under the card. The written prediction changes to their card! It really blows them away. All you need is a Frixion Pen you can get at Staples.

Jim
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I use my business card to wrap around a preset gypsy thread.

I say it is the proverbial string of bad luck.

At the end it is transformed into a thread of hope ad is wrapped around my business card to leave with the spectator.

-Mary Mowder
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
You can do Daryl's Hyper-bent-alation and staple it to your business card.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Show Biz Card by Guy Bavli.
Works very very well for me.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Above post are spot on I have given me a few ideas. But I just want to add something that I learnt years go as a saleman for a print company and has come in very useful for my wife and I bossiness Science in a Van. We do hand our cards and promo martrile out pretty freely when at teacher conference and like event.

How ever when someone from a organisation or group is talking to us and is interested in us we make sure we get there card to follow up.

I not a full time magician. But when pepoel ask me for a card I say there one in my bag as I get my bag and sort it out I ask them,
-There name,
-What event they are thinking of booking me for,
-What company or organisation there from and there role in that,
-Do they have a card,

This now gives me a lot of information and usually ends in a card swap. I write all the information I got on there card and put that information on my spread sheet. I then E-mail them to say it was great speaking to them and a link to my web site. Then ill will call them at some point. Just the other day my calendar said to phone someone I spoke to in Febuary while street busking because it the next few months they book there Christmas party entertainment up.

As for a effect with a business card. So when doing a gig and someone ask for a card I will just hand them out as well as try to swap. If there is some one that I have spoken to about a event I will go up to them at the end as iam leaving. I will check in with them and say did I give you my card they say yes and normally get it out (I don't why people do that but they do) or I give them a new card. I say great and as I leave I stop and say watch this. I then do Conterfeit Hollingworth by Wayne Houchin at the end they get a slightly burnt restored card.

Hope this helps.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check out "No Upper Hand" in TUC Appreciation
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Bold Business (Patrick Kuffs). Love it.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Drawn Again by Danny Archer is nice! Your business cards will need to be glossy on one side, so that you can fan them - it's needed to do the effect.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Cards get lost or thrown away. I have them call my cell to hear a message. Now my number is in their phone.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Michael Close's The Pothole Trick. Blew me away first time I saw it.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Roberto Giobbi writes about producing your card
in the most simple, yet visual and amazing, way
you can.
Put both hands on your pockets trying to find one
card, but you don't have anything so you tell them
you kept some spare cards in "Air pockets" reach
into the air and produce one (Back Palm**g).
As simple as it reads, As great it is.
Best,
-Hansel
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Has anyone seen scar tissue by jay Sankey? If not look it up. In his trick you tear the corner off a taxi receipt, and fuse it to the back. I scanned a ripped corner of my business card from vistaprint, then ordered a batch of them with the ripped corner printed on the back. They just arrived, so they have not been tested, but I feel like it will go well.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Houchin's "Counterfeit Hollingworth"
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite tricks where you leave your business card? (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL