The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Five and (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Can you write a grammatically correct sentence that uses the word "and" five times in a row?
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
In writing the entire phrase, "'Fish' and 'Chips'", it's important to have the proper puncuation between "Fish" and "and" and "and" and "Chips".

It's even more important, when writing that last sentence, to have the proper punctuation between "Fish" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "and" and "Chips". Smile

This reminds me of a joke:

A father was trying to get his son to go to bed, but the son didn't want to go to bed. Finally, the father offered to read his son a story if he'd get ready for bed. The son agreed, and went upstairs and got in his pajamas, got ready for bed, and finally called down, "OK, Dad, I'm ready."

The father grabbed a storybook, which happened to be about Australia, and headed upstairs. Now, this book happened to be the son's least favorite book, so naturally he was a little disappointed. Upon seeing the book he asked, "Why did you bring that book, which I didn't want to be read to from out of, about down under up for?"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4923 Posts

Profile of landmark
And of course, let's not forget about the English teacher's lesson about the difference between the word "had" and the phrase "had had."

Tom where DIck had had had had had had had had had had had the teacher's approval

With punctuation this becomes:

Tom, where Dick had had "had had," had had "had." "Had had" had had the teacher's approval.

Jack Jack Shalom Shalom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Five and (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL