The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » At The Table Live Lecture - Joshua Jay 10/8/2014 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Tonight!

Josh is by far one of my favorite close up magicians!

Joshua Jay: You all know the name! As a young lad, Joshua started dazzling the magic world with amazing effects, routines and theory! He has published numerous articles, DVDs and has authored a best-selling book! This lecture will include magic that has been in print before, plus all-new, never before seen material as well! There will be a diverse mix of magic for everyone!

Hitchcock - A card effect with both suspense and surprise. This effect has been heralded all over the world and is featured in Joshua's one man show, but has never been published in video DVD format.

Totally Triumph - A stunning version of Triumph with a nifty production move that you will want to add to your repertoire.

Back in Time - This effect has it all--the presentation, technique, and theme that will engage an audience and take them to a very unusual place.

Cornered Plus - A completely impromptu routine with a borrowed bill that has it all.

Prism Deck - Josh's signature color-changing deck routine. You have to see this live to believe it.

Phantom Deck - Not available anywhere except AT THE TABLE, this is a closer for ANY card routine in which you cause the entire deck to turn clear.

Inferno - This is Josh's newest effect, and it won "Trick of the Year." A named card appears in a matchbox. Here you will find all the latest work on this captivating routine.

Any Card, Any Number - This is a VERY original and surprising version of the classic effect. If you want to learn a trick that people remember forever, don't miss this.

Triad Coins - Josh's new principle with coins that can be used in many, many different ways.

NOTE: Due to the nature of live events, the trick list may change.
Imind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Imind
So nothing new really if youve watched the penguin lecture
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
To be honest, that was my first impression, too. Looking a little closer, there is not as much overlap, as I thought at first. Yes, Hitchcock is in the Penguin lecture (fantastic piece, btw) and Prism as well. I suppose Cornered Plus is also the same handling that was covered there, but maybe not. However, I'm looking forward to this hopefully new Triumph, to his ACAN - though I hope that it's not his version with the book again. I love that one, but it has been covered in many places as well. Then there are promised updates to other routines I already use. Apart from that, I enjoy watching Josh and listening to his insights, so it should be a good one.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I had the opportunity to spend a little time with Joshua when he was still a teenager in Gatlinburg one year at the Winter Carnival Magic. He was a great and talented kid (back then), and I am very glad to see how successful he has become.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Soooooo how was it.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
There were plenty of new elements which simply only could be indulged in within the close environment of At The Table.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Did anyone see the final routine of the lecture? A new version of I dream of mindreading by John Lovick that was sooooo good.
JollyGreenGiant
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of JollyGreenGiant
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2014, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
Did anyone see the final routine of the lecture? A new version of I dream of mindreading by John Lovick that was sooooo good.

Yes, it was really nice. Wish he would have tipped the method!
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2014, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:

Perhaps he will explain it on his Triad Coins DVD coming out mid-2015?
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
coops
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of coops
The I Dream of Mindreading performance and explanation is on Josh's Talk About Tricks DVD set
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, coops wrote:
The I Dream of Mindreading performance and explanation is on Josh's Talk About Tricks DVD set

And also published in his column in the Dec/2003 issue IIRC.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
But not this version this was a completely new version. I was completely baffled and really hopes he releases that soon!
Genie Gene
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Genie Gene
Josh Jay is not my favorite. He seems like a guy out to make a quick buck, the masked magician of walmart.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, Genie Gene wrote:
Josh Jay is not my favorite. He seems like a guy out to make a quick buck, the masked magician of walmart.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

Have to disagree GG, I think Joshua has spent many years promoting the art of magic. While we may not agree with every choice of trick in the book, it's a great book to inspire those who want to learn.
All the best
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on The Café in quite some time - and that's saying something!

Josh is someone is truly cares about our art. Your comments couldn't be more wrong!

Iain.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I agree that it is short-sighted to defame JJ. Josh is a scholar and gentleman. And any buck he earns, has not been quick. He has invested years in this craft.
Frank
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Iain Moran wrote:
Quote:

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on The Café in quite some time - and that's saying something!

Josh is someone is truly cares about our art. Your comments couldn't be more wrong!

Iain.

I totally agree, Iain. Josh Jay has always been one of my favorite magicians, and he has done SO MUCH for our art.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, FrankieF wrote:
But not this version this was a completely new version. I was completely baffled and really hopes he releases that soon!

Not totally new. The printed card is really astonishing but with Phoenix Decks is pretty possible.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, inaciolino wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, FrankieF wrote:

Not totally new. The printed card is really astonishing but with Phoenix Decks is pretty possible.

Its taught on his Unreal set
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
52 Posts

Profile of notasperfectasyou
I know I'm late to the party. I received this DVD as a GWP. On Penguin it's $8 today. As a beginner, I really liked this DVD a lot. 1) It has a several tricks on it, so even if I paid $8 for it, I'm getting to see cool magic for less than a dollar a trick. 2) There was a variety of tricks and right now I am liking the one he did with a quarter, because I can practice it right away without buying anything. 3) I felt that Josh made an excellent presentation, as if I was there in the room. Not all Magic DVD's are presented well. I've watched a DVD of a creepy old guy who can't seem to talk about presentation at all, I watched a DVD of a trick so complicated and requiring a ton of work with scissors and glue, and I've recently watched a DVD on a method of shuffling cards that is clearly for the most experienced of experts. So, Joshua's DVD was a welcome change. It was entertaining even if I'm not going to learn all the magic. I would feel comfortable buying more of Joshua's DVD's based on how much I got out of this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » At The Table Live Lecture - Joshua Jay 10/8/2014 (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL