The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fire Wallet: Gag or Magic Trick? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
I love my Theatre Magic Fire Wallet 2.0. Granted this is my first fire wallet but it's well made compare to the other fire wallets I've seen at local magic shops. I've been using in and out of gigs for about 6 months. It lights 99.9% of the time but there is a strong butane smell after I extenguish the flame. So far I still receive great reactions and nobody has complained....as far as I know about the smell. Smile

Jonathan Molo
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
Oh and I have gone on one fill up for 3 hours. Lighting it about every 10-15 minutes. Smile

Jonathan Molo
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
I have never owned a fire wallet before but have always wanted too. I know there are many on the market. So is it safe to say that everyone would recommend this fire wallet for my first fire wallet?
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2014, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
The DVD is very good, too. It really walks you through everything you need to know about the wallet, soup to nuts. Care and maintenance, presentational ideas, etc.

Rich, you're the best thing that has happened to Penguin Magic. Love your fresh takes on all sorts of effects and utility devices. How did Penguin define your business relationship - was it, "we just want you to think about new stuff we carry, then post coffee shop videos with your best ideas"? In any case, it's working, and thanks for sharing your ideas on the Café as well.

Thanks so much, Max! The relationship started off when I released those 5 tricks that Justin Flom shot in my apartment...Soul Paper, Happy Travels, etc... And then also I was talking with Acar about you Penguin might up its social media game...and then the conversation just ended with a full-time-esque job, hence all the videos and other stuff. But, yes, glad you're finding some of these presentation ideas useful. Smile
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Knobz1 wrote:
I have never owned a fire wallet before but have always wanted too. I know there are many on the market. So is it safe to say that everyone would recommend this fire wallet for my first fire wallet?

Hey Knobz, I haven't owned any other fire wallets, but I hear from people who've owned a lot and they all seem to think this one is the best. Even the older model of the Theater Magic wallet was considered the best by many...and now it's even better. So, yeah, while I'm not fully educated on all the other models, going off what other people say, this one does seem to be the way to go.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I really appreciate Ricks honesty. He's giving good information but not claiming to know more than he does and in fact being very open about what he doesn't know.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I've had a few fire wallets, including a couple of pricey ones that Jim Pace put out a few years ago that lit electronically. Those were supposed to eliminate the noise and finger motion that comes with striking a fint wheel. Nice idea, but there were all sorts of other problems, including battery life, crappy gluing of the flaps, etc. The Theater Magic Fire Wallet 2.0 is old school in that it uses a flint wheel, but it's an improvement on other similar wallets because of the quality of the fire chamber, the inclusion of the tension spring that closes everything automatically, the quality teaching DVD, and the fact that the design allows for cheap replacement of the flint wheel commonly available components.

My one question is, does the giant wick ever need replacing? If so, how does one do that?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, MeetMagicMike wrote:
I really appreciate Ricks honesty. He's giving good information but not claiming to know more than he does and in fact being very open about what he doesn't know.

I agree - it's refreshing to not have someone try to BS an answer!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Theatre magic is doing it right. I used pace's wallets for a while until I cut my finger striking the flint. The theatre wallets are well made and I have been using the first version for a few years in my strolling and restaurant gigs. I look forward to upgrading to the new version soon.

I love Theatre Magic's wallet because it's reliable and lights 99% of the time and lasts for hours. Sometimes I get it to still light a day later after a gig and it still does. It is a very well made product.
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Knobz1 wrote:

Hey Knobz, I haven't owned any other fire wallets, but I hear from people who've owned a lot and they all seem to think this one is the best. Even the older model of the Theater Magic wallet was considered the best by many...and now it's even better. So, yeah, while I'm not fully educated on all the other models, going off what other people say, this one does seem to be the way to go.

Thanks for the insight Rick. And thanks to everyone else who shared their thoughts. Looks like I need to place an order today!
Shagbeard
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Shagbeard
I would love to put this in my stuff but I am afraid I would set the beard and eyebrows aflame.
Magic speaks to the child in all of us. No matter how sophisticated we become, there's still a part of us who wants to believe in an alternative reality, where we can defy the laws of nature.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
My last fire wallet can't seem to hold fluid that long . Hopefully this will do its job . Just saw Rick's video and I am even more intrigued into getting one .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fire Wallet: Gag or Magic Trick? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL