The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Show Help- Revealing the spirit (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
I'll be doing a complete Halloween party routine where we summon a spirit. I'll be using Lebanon Circle's Hagstone routine as a way for the spirit to select who in the audience will be assisting me. The spirit will reveal itself through a photo tear and restore turning out to be a little boy. He'll playfully prove his supernatural powers in a few ways that would be impossible for mortals. At the end I want to show that the spirit is standing right next to us by draping a large black cloth over him. That last part is where I need some recommendations. I plan to use a yoshino and a cloth on a long stick. I'm considering a layered foam ball on a stick to achieve the illusion. One where it lays flat but as it is raised gravity pulls three or four layers giving the proper body/shape to simulate a head. Has anyone done this? I'm wondering what shape would be best for the sitck going down to the foam head... Just looking for some creative input on building this one.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, MM2714330 wrote:
At the end I want to show that the spirit is standing right next to us by draping a large black cloth over him.

Hey MM2714330, welcome to Spooky !
I've thought about this many times !
As far as making a perfect shaped " Mortal Spirit " it can be vague, this could be of any shape or size...
How many have seen what a Entity is suppose to look like ? Smile
Or, maybe use a Zombie and conceal the Zombie with the drop of the cloth.

Just throwing stuff out, maybe you could also use a *moke device, when cloth is pulled away you have a visual of smoke remaining for a few seconds. (not sure if there is a way to make the vapor black ?)
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Another thought, if you have an empty chair beside you ... Do a '*e kolta Chair Illusion'.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The_Alexander
View Profile
New user
Finland
63 Posts

Profile of The_Alexander
Http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beat......sevmsWSo

i heard rumors from somewhere that in ye olde times they used to paint the poor creatures with fosfor for seanse
--- Waris the Magician, Expert of Wonders ---
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
If you could rig the Draped figure where you could pull off the drapery to reveal a pepper's ghost. Now that would be awesome! The timing would be so difficult and I'm not sure, having just basic knowledge of them, logistically a pepper's ghost could be made to appear where you would need it to.

Cool ideas though...

-robert
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
Hey the D chair idea is great, only challenge would be keeping the gimmick hidden in a parlor setting vs. stage. But on stage for sure that would be an easy method. Flashing a peppers ghost would be awesome, I'm just thinking that only works in a limited angle range, plus again in parlor hiding the plexi sheet would be a tough one. Thanks for the ideas.

Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, MM2714330 wrote:
At the end I want to show that the spirit is standing right next to us by draping a large black cloth over him.

Hey MM2714330, welcome to Spooky !
I've thought about this many times !
As far as making a perfect shaped " Mortal Spirit " it can be vague, this could be of any shape or size...
How many have seen what a Entity is suppose to look like ? Smile
Or, maybe use a Zombie and conceal the Zombie with the drop of the cloth.

Just throwing stuff out, maybe you could also use a *moke device, when cloth is pulled away you have a visual of smoke remaining for a few seconds. (not sure if there is a way to make the vapor black ?)
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
Having one of those dart through the room should get a great group scream! My mother always warned me about pet monkeys! I confirmed by watching youtube videos posted by monkey owners! hehe.

Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, The_Alexander wrote:
Http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beat......sevmsWSo

i heard rumors from somewhere that in ye olde times they used to paint the poor creatures with fosfor for seanse
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Show Help- Revealing the spirit (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL