We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Full Monty by Liam Montier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
This could possibly be the best packet trick I have ever seen. It's based on Montinator 5.0 from the Fractalicious DVD, but the ending blew my mind. None of the faces are the same as what you bagan with, normally with this sort of trick on of them is the same. It's only available from his site and is a limited edition. There is a rough demo there to.

http://www.tricktastic.com/product-p/trick015.htm

Here is the sales blurb:

VERY LIMITED STOCKS!

After a highly successful collaboration with John Bannon on packets tricks (Triabolical & Fractalicious), Liam Montier has become a top name in this field and after a year of refining, he brings to you his latest creation - The Full Monty!!

Imagine this, you show four cards front and back, a queen and three jokers. you ask the spectator to keep their eye on the queen and to make things even easier to follow they are all marked on the backs. The jokers are red backed with 'joker' written on them and the queen is green backed with 'queen' written on it.

Pretty fair but to increase their chances of finding the queen even easier you remove one of the jokers leaving just the queen and the remaining two jokers.

Asking the spectator where they would like to bet their money they go for the card marked 'queen'. But the problem is which queen would they now like to bet on. Suddenly there is now one card marked 'joker' on the back and three queen cards, all marked queen on the back with different coloured back designs.

The spectator is now confused and not sure where to bet their money, perhaps you're trying to trick them so they go for the joker but it doesn't matter as wherever they bet they would lose. The cards are turned over to reveal they are all now ACES!!

Everything is now completely examinable!!

Includes custom printed USPCC gaff cards, and full written instructions.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1004 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I have this, had to change the "secret" as it didn't work well, but now it's perfect and actually way cleaner! I really recommend this!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
What did you change (if you can say without revealing to much) I found it worked perfect for me.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1004 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2014, Darius DCLXVI wrote:
What did you change (if you can say without revealing to much) I found it worked perfect for me.

The "texture"
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Ah, I get you!

Loving this so much, I never thought I would find a packet trick to join the Bannon ones in my wallet, but this is it!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6899 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Liam, you have outdone yourself with this trick, my friend!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1191 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
This is great. 110% Fooler & instantly examinable.
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Mine also needed to be "applied again" to get it to work correctly, but 5 minutes later it was ready to go.

Excellent release from Liam, but he only ever releases top dog stuff.

Recommended, if you want to blow peoples minds.

Mike Donoghue
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Can't believe more people are not talking about this. This has got to be one of the best packet tricks I have ver seen!!1
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1870 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 24
Skill Level: intermediate

Buy yours: http://www.bigblindmedia.com/the-full-monty-by-liam-montier/

Type of effect: find the queen

Manufacturer's Write Up: Picture this - you show four cards, a Queen and three Jokers. So far, so ordinary. But then you show the backs - to make it UBER fair, the Queen has QUEEN written across it's back (and it's green), and each Joker has JOKER (and they are red)! All your spectator has to do is follow the Queen. Simple. But then you make it EVEN EASIER. You offer to remove one of the Jokers. So now there are just two red backed Jokers (with JOKER printed indelibly on them) and one green backed Queen (with QUEEN written on it).

So would your audience bet on which card was the Queen now? You betcha.
Suddenly, it turns into a scam, and the packet changes into a rainbow of cards, all with ‘QUEEN’ written on the backs!

Then, before your spectators have a chance to even recover, you show that not only the backs changed, but now the faces, because there’s not a single Queen or Joker in sight.
ALL THE CARDS ARE NOW ACES!

How accurate is the ad copy? Perfect!

What's in the box? DVD and needed gaff cards

Key points: cards are completely examinable once the effect is over

How are the production values: Exactly what you'd always expect from Liam and BBM, in fact "it looks" like most of his recent DVDs, same sets and models.

Is it well made: Gaffs are precision made Bicycle cards

Is it well taught: Liam is one of the best magic teachers today

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I loved that he has multiple ways to learn the effect on the DVD - he has a beginner teaching and an experience teaching not to mention a "I'm just going to review the effect and not slow down and stop teaching" all awesome ideas I wish more magicians would incorporate into their products!

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" this is a packet trick that would easily fit in a card wallet.

Does it "play big?" find the lady (queen/ace) is such a familiar plot I think you'll grab a lot of spectators right away with it's ease of presentation.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, it's all cards and sleights, that said this is a "knuckle buster" of a routine so be ready to put some of your card handling skills to use.

How original is this idea? The monte plot is one of the biggest frauds that ever masqueraded as gambling in history. George Devol and three other men, Bill Jones, Tom Brown, and Holly Chappell, teamed up to play it for four years during the 1850s and, scammed enough money away from the "suckers" to be able to divide up a million dollars by the end of their partnership.

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-xDwUNM-g
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Full Monty by Liam Montier (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL