The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help -- >Patriotic WalkArounds (Red, White and Blue) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I'm looking for some new ideas for patriotic effects. I'm already using the Mismade Flag, Changing Fans, and using Red/White-Blue/White Galaxy Wands as productions items. I also have lots of red, white and blue twisting balloons, an Uncle Sam Tophat (soft no gimmick)and lots of streamers as well. I'm looking for a few fillers and transitions to help turn it all into about a 15 minute routine with minimal reset and lot of replay. I'm booked for a walkaround carnival, 4th of July atmosphere and would like to come up with a routine for a predominantly military audience.

I'm open for almost any ideas that are respectful of The Flag and our colors.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Take a look at american flag silk blendo. Probably can find it anywhere. Smile
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
249 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
I saw Dean Dill doing some fairly simple silk vanishing moves on a "Great Magic of Las Vegas" special some years ago... the moves are old... but I use 3 silks and talk about the symbolism of each color in the flag.

You have 3 silks and a tt. I let 3 people each hold a silk while I explain the symbolism of each color. Vanish one silk... say, the red. Take the white and put it over your fist as you reach inside and pull out the vanished red silk. Vanish the blue silk into the white one, claiming to squeeze it down in between the fibers of the silk. Open and show both sides. Now take the red silk, rub it against the white, and claim static electricity causes the vanished blue to jump from the white to the red... now reach into the red one and pull the blue out. It's magic. You can even let the spectators pull out the reproduced silks after you get them started.

It's easy, it's colorful, and you will get big kudos for discussing the symbolism of the flag with that audience. It's easy to research the colors online using Google. (You'll really be finding out what the colors of the Great Seal of the United States mean, which you can apply to the flag.)
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
[email]jmt@turnermagic.com[/email]
www.turnermagic.com
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
P & A Silks (Peter White) has a lovely little set of red, white, and blue silks and a matching flag that are thumb tipped size. Check out his web site.

He also makes Flag Blendos in both the normal blendo and blendo bag configuration.

Of course, it's hard to top a big Flag Staff Production with a giant American Flag.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Riff,

In case you do anything with cards, there is US Playing Card Deck with a Flag on the back that fans very nice two ways, and can give you a colorful deck or even a packet with a flag motiff.

I use the deck as is, and sometimes use a regular deck where the spec's card turns out to have the flag back.

A couple of the jokers, and a couple others cards with an Emlsey might give a nice packet - I have to think more on that one. But you may already have some thoughts if you do cards....

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I do quite a few thing with cards. Mostly packet or gaffed routines. Invisible deck and the like. My fanning talents and productions are still in their infancy. My pivot is a dead giveaway and nowhere near ready for performance.

Color changing the backs gives a nice Red/White -> Blue/White effect. I do have a few decks with patriotic backs, Flag included but my talents with an ungimmicked deck are severely limited.

I am also working some blendo routines using a fountain of silks all in red, white and blue with a large patriotic stars and stripes finish. I refuse to use a real flag for this as I think it's disrespectful.

Great advice guys, Thanks for the ideas. Keep'em coming.
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
You might consider gaffing a deck/decks or a few cards from a Flag deck. Might be a nice detail to add.

Also, I bet you could find some red, white, and blue sponge balls. Otherwise perhaps a little bleach might help.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Red white and blue rope is grear for walk around. It is called patriotic ropes click here for a picture and details
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......14442576
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
on the patriotic ropes routine... I find that people are just as impressed by seeing you put the knots back on. this makes it reset a cinch.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
I agree. Patriotic Ropes is something you should take into consideration. It is a really cool trick lol. Also if you are doing stage, the flag production by mikame or if you go onto hocus pocus.com you can find a lot of really coool effects.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
Since your into cards why not do a modified version of Color Monte.

Using the Military theme with The two flags of opposing sides.

With the kicker card as a Victory image?

I just love this effect!!!
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Thanks for your help folks. As you can see from my other post I've had a forced change of repitoire. I should still be able to accomplish some of this but cards and coin work are going to be a bit sketchy for a while. Thanks again. Smile
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Riff clown,
Suds makes atrick called the Bead Trick. You have three different colored glasses with beads. The spectator chooses two (mag. choice). You mix these two together in one glas. Invert the other glass over the mixed beads and put the whole thing behind your back. When you bring out both glasses, the beads have all seperated. You can easily make this a red, white and blue theme.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Here's a good routine that is easy and visual. It was posted by DenDowhy here at the MC

http://themagiccafe.com/archive1/viewtop......forum=17

Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Thanks, I like it!
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Thank Dennis--it's his routine.
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Patriotic ropes.... I do the same one in white and people act bored. I spend $4 on a cheap dye job and they go nuts? Whats wrong with this picture?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Aldo Columbini's "Mamma Mia Cups and Balls" routine uses three different colored balls. It would be very easy to obtain red white and blue ones, and then use those rubber balls that look like the earth as final loads (and no, I'm not some saucer-eyed, one-worlder skulking about the forum either Smile ).

"Sea to shining sea" or anything like that would be a premise you could work with. The cups and balls has a lot more latitude than it seems. I know from how many times I find myself talking about them in this forum.

Take care,

Ron Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help -- >Patriotic WalkArounds (Red, White and Blue) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL