The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Black Heart & Bourbon purchase left a bad taste in my mouth- (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blsorg
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston WV
149 Posts

Profile of blsorg
This was the first weekend in a while that I didn't have a show or anything else
going on and was looking forward to relaxing and reading a book.

So I purchased 'Black Heart and Bourbon' (Dee Christopher).
Am very disappointed. After downloading, then browsing through the book, I noticed that
chapter 10 was completely missing in the pdf.

I contacted Mr. Christopher, and he said that he must have sent Lybrary.com an unfinished
version, but not to worry, he'd send me the correct version later in the day. That was 3
days ago. I never did receive it even though I sent him 3 reminders.

I contacted Chris Wasshuber at Lybrary.com and he immediately credited my purchase.
Great service from Lybrary!... but stinky from Dee Christopher.

I know that mistakes can happen, it's just the uncaring attitude on the part of Mr.
Christopher. That will be the last time I order a Dee Christopher item. If you purchase
this book, check to make sure all the chapters are there.
- Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana! -

http://www.WVmagic.net
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll give that PDF a miss. When it comes to ordering props/books etc. I can forgive anything except bad customer service. I have had superb customer service from some dealers and dreadful service from others, I never make another order from the latter.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
787 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
And he did tons of advertising (at least five mails) for this book... Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3416 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Any review of the contents good or bad.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Blsorg, you should keep asking Dee. He is a performer as well, surely very busy, and some times some tasks just fly by.

Try to contact him thru Facebook.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
How was the rest of the book?
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
124 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi guys, I know I am late but thought I answer the question any way. 😀

But let me start with a disclaimer and my 2 cents on customer service in our art.

I do not know Dee personally but have email him on three occasions and yes he was late in answering them too. I just got interested in his work after seeing his penguin lecture which I do recommend. As with many artist, after you see them work you understand their creations better. Back to the emails, he was always friendly and did not find him "uncaring".
I am not a working pro but please remember these Artist have to make a living, they travel a lot and have little time. I have found this to be true for most us. But I have never encountered an unfriendly magician in our trade. Yes some take time in answering but they are always approachable and friendly. Also I am sure the majority does not get rich on selling their effects. Their reasons for sharing their inventions and ideas have more reasons than just money. I ask you, where in the world of entertainment can you just email a entertainer and he will answer you and talk to you. Try that with you favorite music band or actor. 😀

I am very proud of our community and the way we are supporting each other as a group.

So blsorg, please have bit more understanding for others and you will be a happier man. If you want perfect customer service, go to amazon, but they do not offer what we need and you are only talking to very good trained call center agents. In the end you got a book for free. The creator received nothing and you are angry. Strange...

Now to the book:
First of all it is an insight into Dees thinking and how he works. There are lots of little things that help in your performance and make you a better. Overall the book is solid and for me the highlights are DCB, very devious and I think he is just marketing for blackpool and Colour a really beautiful routine.

I hope this helps.

Oh, one more thing I never understand: Why these Mindreaders do not know before we mail them what we want and answer preemptively. Man that would save time 😀

Take care
Stefan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Black Heart & Bourbon purchase left a bad taste in my mouth- (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.7 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL