The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Would like your opinion - Re: Rebuilding an outdated magic app (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiicmike
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of magiicmike
Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I've come to love (read: be obsessed with) using Marty's Magic App (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glI_OzbvrU0) in my set. It's one of the most versatile, useful tricks I've ever come across. It spans generations!

Unfortunately, Marty hasn't updated it since iPhone 4 (Feb. '11), so it's semi-broken on iPhone 5 and unworkable on iPhone 6.

I've attempted to contact him over the last 2 years through his app website to no avail (9/27/12, 10/2/13, 10/1/14 - this time the email bounced). His YouTube account has no identifying info, can't find him on Facebook/Twitter, and no one in any Magic Facebook groups I'm in know of him.

So now, my question is two-fold:
1. Does anyone know him or have a way to contact him? I'd obviously prefer to have his blessing to remake it!
2. Is it OK, after all this time and attempts to contact him, to make my own? It would mimic most of how the original app was set up (though I have none of the files or coding, so would be building it from scratch). I originally intended for it to be for private use, but quotes for it have been around $10K, so I'd definitely want to make it available for a nominal price publicly to make at least some of the money back.

I'd love to hear any and all thoughts as I want this back in my repertoire ASAP!

Thanks so much for reading.
Mike
P.S. If I build it myself I'd obviously credit him somewhere in the app just like magicians credit other magicians in new versions of tricks in books.
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I hope that you somehow get to rebuild this app, Mike.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Hi Mike,

Y to rebuild it, there are lots of similar apps available already
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
magiicmike
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of magiicmike
Hey man- thank you for your reply. Can you recommend any coin in phone app on iOS? The only one I've seen that rolls around is Card2Phone, but the quarter is way bigger than it should be and rolls around really weirdly.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Would like your opinion - Re: Rebuilding an outdated magic app (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL