The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE RINGS by Chris Capehart (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I just got today from Kozmo the dvd The Rings by Chris capehart. Quick service = usa to europe within a week.

this dvd explains the full linking rings routine of Chris Capehart. you see a performance from him at the magic castle which gives an idea what for impact it gives on an audience. Chris did this routine as part of his street show. he did it sometimes many hours a day. man you learn then how to do a trick. but this is more then a trick it brings the linkng rings up to a complete show piece. here you can learn how a well structured routine is made and how 3 rings can entertain an whole audience.

i maybe bias because chris is my idol concerning the rings but this is gold if you are a ring lover. if you look for the newest moves this is not it. if you want to learn how to handle a great routine then study this. the Impossible link the propper handling of chris'crash link is amazing.

i was fortunate that I have found the old dvd from chris. but I wanted the new dvd also. for years people could not find the old dvd of chris. because it was not available. now is the time to have it - to learne it - to entertain your audience with it.

really highly recommended.

thank you Kozmo and Chris.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Http://youtu.be/fSbV7zcc7Ew

This is a real worker....really this is great
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
730 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
I hope mine is nearly here!!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its on its way
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Mine too?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
They have all been shipped
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Chris Capehart is the Master on this routine. How does this new DVD differ from Chris' previous Rings DVD?

Thanks,
Dan.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
"I received Chris Capehart's latest release, THE RINGS and it is wonderful!

Chris is one of the finest performers I know. His audiences gasp with his presentation of the linking rings. In this DVD, he proves that he is a "ringmaster"!!

Well shot and taught, you will pick up lots of great tips and moments to add to your own routines.

I love this DVD!"
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
There are sone reviews in "The Sidewalk Shuffle" section....
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
730 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
This DVD is amazing!!!!

Easilty of of the finest ring routines of all time.

Fantastic production, wonderful performance.

Thanks Koz

ps - what rings does Chris use?

Thanks

Ash
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I don't know what name brand....they are just cheap rings....pretty thin....thanks for the kind words. I hope this one doesn't get overlooked.....its a great routine. Its the best of Capehart
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
But how does this DVD differ in terms of content and routining than his earlier video, where I seem to recall he was shown performing in the living room of a friend's home? Does he instruct on the silent link and silent drop? Does he share presentational methods and his approach to audience management?
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Here is a link to Chris' older video (circa 2004), "3-Ring Routine."
http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/products/view/7266

I am guessing and hoping that the latest release introduces new insights and new footage of Chris performing "live". I seem to recall the earlier DVD showed him performing mainly in the living room of a friend. In any case, no doubt this latest release is a gem worth watching and learning from. Not only is he a master of technique, but Chris has a unique style and is very endearing.

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I just watched the YouTube promo video of Chris' latest DVD, that fellow Café member, Kozmo, was kind enough to post: http://youtu.be/fSbV7zcc7Ew

Seems like the live performance portion was mainly filmed on location at the Magic Castle (but I am not certain of this, just my initial impression). And, it's wonderful to see. Chris demonstrates his beautiful moves and witty presentation, which engages and endears his audience towards him, in a way that is unique to Chris. Thank you for sharing your presentations and moves with the magic fraternity, Chris. Yo have been a true inspiration since I first read your wonderful Three Ring Manuscript in the early 1980's (....1984?). I look forward to enjoying (and learning from ) this latest Capehart release. Smile Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Just sent payment. Smile Thanks Kozmo. (...and thank you Chris!).

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Jonathan
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I am going to start off by honestly saying that I am not a fan of Linking Rings. I don’t know what it is about them, whether in my mind I find then old fashioned or what, I’m just not a fan. However, after waching Chris Capehart’s three ring routine on his latest DVD, The Ring, I found myself wanting to get my hands on a set of rings and give Chris’ routine a go.

Filmed in The Magic Castle, the performance section sees Chris performing a routine he has been doing since 1981. Although Chris started performing this 33 years ago the routine seemed to came across as modern compared to the usual 4 or 8 ringed routines I’ve become accustomed to.

The Magic Castle performance isn’t long, maybe 5 minutes at the most, but a lot of magic happens in a short space of time.

Each section of Chris’ prized routine is broken down and explained thoroughly on the DVD. There were a few parts which were so fast it was difficult so see what was going on, even when Chris said he was doing it slowly. It would have been nice to have a slow motion clip of some of these which would have made them easier to see what was going on. Moves such as the Double Link, Impossible Link, Shoulder Link and The Flip are all taught in detail.

A bonus move is also taught called ‘Meltdown’. This looks great and is a fooler even when you know how the linking rings work.

Chris’ main 3 ring routine isn’t that difficult. A few of the moves will take practise to do smoothly but I think if you were to give this routine the time it deserves then you will have a great addition to your repertoire. Recommended.

Phil Shaw
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5412 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
This is really good guys....im not sure why people aren't talking about this dvd....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE RINGS by Chris Capehart (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL