The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Table Vision by Eric Samuels (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3971 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Let me state in advance that I do not have any personal interest or advantage by posting this. I simply like to draw your attention to it.

It was right now while attending this year’s mindvention in Vegas that I discovered Eric Samuels‘ “Table Vision” which has been now officially released. It is an amazing “high tech” device to discover what spectators have written or drawn on an ordinary (!) sheet of paper. You find my further thoughts about it downstairs. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Thanks, Jan.

I'm at the gate at McCarran waiting for my flight home.
When I get home, I plan on posting some images and details on TableVision, including what it can do (which has vast potential beyond the initial ideas and routines that will be included), price, etc.

My hope is to ship the initial Mindvention orders, within 2-weeks.

Cheers,

Eric
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
:)
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Honest Deceptions
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Honest Deceptions
This is great...Hat's of for Eric...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
It's a beauty...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Please see Inner Thoughts thread for complete details on TableVision (it does contain specific operating information, hence the location of the thread).
For anyone who does not have Inner Thoughts access as yet, please PM me for info.

Cheers,

Eric
tombinns
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tombinns
Hi Eric. I don't have inner thoughts access. I don't have enough posts. Would it be possible for you to PM me? This way I'm one post closer to my target Smile
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I have PM'd you, Tom.

A quick update as I've had quite a few PMs this week:

All pre-orders of TableVision are now either in the hands of owners or en route.
(a handful of pre-orders were offered at MindVention).
So we should start hearing actual user feedback shortly!

As for full release of TableVision, I'm still working with suppliers on improved camera performance.
Hope to have more news, soon.
But as we're getting very close to Christmas, I may wait until January for full release.

Cheers,

Eric
tombinns
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tombinns
Great thanks. Its one of those ideas so brilliantly simple when I heard about it I wasnt sure if I should be impressed or annoyed.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I can safely say that the idea itself was only a small fraction of the overall process.
Getting the idea to work in the 'real world,' was quite the challenge, filled with all kinds of technical issues and even a few heart-breaking roadblocks!

But I couldn't be happier with the end result.

You can read more about TableVision and see a few photos at:
www.MentalismTools.com

Cheers,

Eric
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Can we see pictures of the carrying cases etc?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3971 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, JanForster wrote:
Here we go...

LOL! Brilliant!

Best,

Atlas
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3971 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You don't believe me... Wait until Eric chimes in...
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Jan my friend,
You showed the walk-around edition carrying case, which was not supposed to be released until next year!

I don't actually have a photo of the bags that come with TableVision, but will make a point to take some the next time we do a photo shoot.
There are two bags, both constructed of padded nylon. The first protects the tabletop the second holds the entire table (it can actually hold two of them) and can likely carry most people's entire show.

I'm starting to get feedback from the pre-orderers (a few people who pre-ordered at MindVention and received them this month); hopefully some are Café members and will chime in with their initial thoughts!

Cheers,

Eric
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Oh, and for anyone wondering if I am serious about a walk-around version of TableVision.....all I can say is that it will be held back until I've perfected my close-up Mentalist's ring-through-Dove's-nose suspension.

e
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3971 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I can't wait anymore Smile ...
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Eric you are a great mind.....
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Eric asked for pre-orders to chime in and provide initial thoughts. I was a quick purchaser at MindVention, after seeing this demonstrated. This won't be a full review; I will leave that to the people who enjoy doing those. Firstly, the product was carefully packaged and shipped. The carrying case (mine was cosmetically different than the one Jan depicted above) is perfectly suited for transporting the table and all necessary items. The tablle itself is sturdy, and attractive. Once out of the case, assembling the table and being ready to go with an effect (i.e., employing the tablevision aspect) can literally be accomplished in under a minute. The initial setup was a breeze, thanks to excellent video instructions by Eric. There were no effects provided yet, but I understand that he will be providing them with more detailed videos shortly, when he upgrades a key component (for free, I should add). Speaking of the upgrade, the initial component that he provided works just fine for me, with erverything very clear. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, especially consiidering Eric has said he was not satisfied with it and would be having a substitute component custom made to replace it, that would be of even higher quality. For anyone concerned about it being tricky or finicky to set up, or use, that should not be a concern whatsover. And in use, it passed the suspicious wife test with flying colors. I went in the other room while she drew and placed down a sheet of paper on the table. I was able to discern exactly her drawing. She figured it had to be the Sharpie she used to make the drawing. Even after I told her the principle of how it worked, she was unable to find the key component until given a very large hint. There is no way a spectator, walking up on stage to assist, will have a chance to see anything amiss. The clear table top, sitting on top of thin metal spider legs, just connotes innocence. Others may have had different experiences, this was mine.

John
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1276 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Bad name for an apparatus like this. (in my opinion)
Don't mention the word "table" in it.
I assume that it will cost a little bit more than 20$.
I assume that buyers will not be amused when everybody can find the apparatus with some guesses in a web searcher like Google.
Give it a name that not associates with the used props.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Table Vision by Eric Samuels (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL