The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New cups and balls! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Callis
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of David Callis
Hey fellow cup enthusiasts. My first set of cups and balls arrive tomorrow; I can't wait! I'm curious...when you get your cups out of the package, what is the very first thing you do with them? I would like to hear everyone's personal experience.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
David ... I like to line them up and compare each Cup to their brothers. Then I like to examine the mouth beads; they differ so much from maker to maker.

Then of course I take them for a test ride.

I Lways give them agood cleaning to remove anything left over from the sinning process... That way they will form a even brown patina.

if they are a Combo set, spend some time tweeking withe th gaffes ball to get it to what feels and works best for you.

Have fun,
Bruce
David Callis
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of David Callis
Thanks Bruce. They should arrive when I get home today. What do you do for a test drive?
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
David... The standard stuff burn outs and pop wheelies... LOL

I run through the Vernon routine... And Cup through Cup kind of stuff.

With Combo Cups I always try the vanish from a ball on top of a Cup placing another Cup on top of it and seeing it disappear.

You will have fun when the Cups arrive!

Bruce
David Callis
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of David Callis
LOL thanks Bruce. Smile
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I tend to drill holes in them and fill them with soil... plant a few seeds Smile
David Callis
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of David Callis
LOL blasphemy...
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
I have seen some big Gary Animal Cups used as blocks holding up a VW Bug as it was being worked on.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
729 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
I stack and unstack, do flustration counts repeatedly listening to the sound of metal on metal.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
Funny you should mention the sound that the Cups make... I do the same and listen.

Bruce
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
All my cups share a strange feature related to sound.

In each set, two are tuned to the the same note, with the third cup a semi-tone [half-step] higher.

That's one Sherwood and three RNT2 sets. My old set, which I gave to a friend, just went "plunk".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New cups and balls! (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL