The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Advice on Marvins Magic - 'Dynamic Coins' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Store
View Profile
New user
UK
31 Posts

Profile of Jay Store
I was in London yesterday, and on a whim picked up this item from Marvins store in Hamleys, Regent Street. I have been playing with card magic for a while, and with a bus journey ahead of me though it might be a fun diversion to learn something with coins. Trick now learnt.
My question, if I am allowed to ask it, is what type of box is this? I love the trick, love the concept, and would like to do more, but don't want to replicate the kit by now buying an Okito Box, Boston Box, or whatever, and finding that they are the same, but under a different name.
I will be equally satisfied by a reply that says - 'go ahead and get the other types of box: they're different and great'.
Thanks,
Jay
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1462 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Jay,

Welcome to the Café.

Okito and Boston boxes are not the same as the ones you received with Dynamic Coins.
There are a lot more possibilities with them.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Jay Store
View Profile
New user
UK
31 Posts

Profile of Jay Store
Tom,

Brilliant. Thanks for advice. Order being placed. Very much impressed with what I have... and looking forward to more!

Ta,

J
Jay Store
View Profile
New user
UK
31 Posts

Profile of Jay Store
Right, so now that I have started down this line of interest... I've immediately stumbled upon another box type. Are there others (i.e. working on a different principle rather than being proprietary names or anything like that?)

My list goes:
Dynamic Coins
Okito Box
Boston Box
Zambini Box

(Obviously I'm not asking for detail on how they work - this ain't the place - but some guidance on what to look out for would be grand, so it would.)

Ta,

Jay
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
If you are getting into coins you should get the Bobo book.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5239 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Jay Store, you should know that Dynamic Coins - while a great trick - is primarily self-working. A coin box is not, and takes a lot of practice to master no matter which model. It's not difficult if you compare it to some of the more complicated coin magic sleights, but it is hardly self-working.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Jay Store
View Profile
New user
UK
31 Posts

Profile of Jay Store
Thanks for the advice - quite happy with the need to practice; and acknowledge that Bobo is the place to go. Ta, J
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I had a lot of fun with Spellbinding Nest of Boxes when I started back in magic. I used a signed coin and a piece of flash paper lots of fun The one issue I find with these types of things is the reason to have them. Why are you carrying that wooden box with you?

But do have fun and get creative you might also want to look at nesting wallets.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Holistic Magic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Holistic Magic
Dynamic Coins is based on Nickles to Dimes but instead of using one cylinder, it uses two.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5239 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2014, Yellowcustard wrote:
I had a lot of fun with Spellbinding Nest of Boxes when I started back in magic. I used a signed coin and a piece of flash paper lots of fun The one issue I find with these types of things is the reason to have them. Why are you carrying that wooden box with you?

But do have fun and get creative you might also want to look at nesting wallets.

If the original poster ends up going the coin box route, they can be passed off as antique pill boxes that so happen to be the perfect size for carrying a few special coins.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Advice on Marvins Magic - 'Dynamic Coins' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL