The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
This looks like it's going to be a good one. I don't see either team sweeping, but am going with Kansas City in four. What do you guys think?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I don't see either team sweeping, but am going with Kansas City in four..

Smile
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I am an idiot sometimes, I know. I meant Kansas City in six.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think it's going to be a great series and could go either way. KC's bullpen is lights out.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I, for one, am ecstatic!! Kansas City has been my favorite team since I was a kid! My dad even got KC Royals uniforms for my little league team! I was only 7 when the last won the World Series.....and while I was not a fan then.......we have been waiting 29 years just for a playoff appearance! I find it amazing that the two "wild card" teams are the ones who made it to the Series!!!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Giants in 5!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Since my Mariners didn't make it to the wild card (just one game out), I have to stick with the America League and root for KC. I picked them in six, but I wouldn't be surprised if this series goes to seven.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
As of right now, my Boston Red Sox are still the World Champions!!! Smile

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
So, Cleveland's not in it?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Y'all got awful silent when your predictions started unraveling. Smile Cheers to the San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions... Again!

And congrats to KC. You have a powerhouse team with a ton of depth! Great things are in your future.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

?? I predicted it might go seven. It did. I was rooting for KC simply because I always root for the American League team.

A great series- one of the best I've seen, in fact. And Bumgarter is right up there with the best series pitchers of all time.

Congrats San Francisco!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, Tom Cutts wrote:
Y'all got awful silent when your predictions started unraveling.

Lol. You didn't have much to say until your team wrapped it up, either. "Giants in five" went out the window after Game 3.

FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Congrats to the Giants that 3 out of 5 years!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Only one person got the winning team right.

I had enough fun elsewhere with Dodger fans who didn't realize that blue team in the WS was not theirs.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Very entertaining. A perfect example of what the game should be.

Down to that much after the whole season. I really would have loved to be there.

The whole season coming down to one pitch! It doesn't get any cooler than that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Anybody else interested in a debate concerning the pros and cons of a six game series with a tie permissible? We seem to go far out in the quest for a "winner", but how good could the winners be after being thrashed not long before by the same opponents? I am an Ohio
State fan, but did they really "win" after two tied endings? Are we so driven to "win" that there is never a time to say "too close to call - let's call it even"!?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If there IS a time to say "Let's call it even," it's not in a championship final.

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Allow ties? No. The seventh game of a World Series is one of the most wonderful things in baseball. The strategy is totally different and it is often the setting for some of the greatest performances in the sport.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing defines baseball in particular more than game 7 of the World Series. My wife is not a baseball fan in the least, she grew up in Spain but watched it because it was the first time baseball had excitement for her.

The time for what you suggest is T~Ball.

By way of an analogy I think boxing has been devalued by the 12 round championship fight. Most 10 round fighters can do 12 but 15 is another beast. I think it hurt the sport.

Some of the greatest moments in the sport of baseball happen in game 7. Ask the players. I bet not a single one, winner or loser wants to call it even. No fans show up thinking that is ok. It takes a team with the right stuff to play through it. It is good for the game and it should never change.

I agree with Bob. It is one of the most wonderful things in baseball and in all of sports. No need to change it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I heard someone saying that the World Series is rigged ... because the Americans always win.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World Series (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL