The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Living Key (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
No, not a key but an interesting collection of Haunted Key subtleties by Café member Cristóbal.
Some really nice ideas and plots that can slant bizarre while his multi-phase main routine is refreshingly more mental in nature using energy transference.

I discovered it being discussed here...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=303

http://mindreadertactics.com/living-key/
Cristobal
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaga (Spain)
288 Posts

Profile of Cristobal
Glad you like it!

Thank you very much Smile
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2014, Eddie Garland wrote:
No, not a key but an interesting collection of Haunted Key subtleties by Café member Cristóbal.

Thanks for sharing the info, but please keep in mind that the term for the HK as used here is Google-able,..so should be using some symbol coding, e.g. H@u#ted K€¥.

Some really nice ideas and plots that can slant bizarre while his multi-phase main routine is refreshingly more mental in nature using energy transference.

I discovered it being discussed here...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=303

http://mindreadertactics.com/living-key/

Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
Thanks for sharing the info, but please keep in mind that the term for the HK as used here is Google-able,..so should be using some symbol coding, e.g. H@u#ted K€¥.

I'm sorry DocBenWiz, I see that you are a good coder.

There are dozens of threads with "Haunted Key" in the title even before any actual posts.

I suspect the Google-worry warts in Spooky are approaching ridiculous.
Maybe I'm all alone in this.

We all have heard it before and it is true..."lay people could not care less about methods, they only wish to be entertained."

If I code it H@u#ted K€¥... I honestly feel that I am only attempting to hide the name from 10 year old boys...and 10 year old boys will benefit learning a Haunted Key routine.
I'll code new stuff when I see it might be neccesary but I'm not one to code sponge balls or thumb tips.

Back to discussion of the "Living Key"
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Eddie Garland writes: "Lay people could not care less about methods, they only wish to be entertained."

Truer words were never spoken.

Google-exposers tend to be, I think, cousins, brothers-in-law, and obnoxious teenaged relatives looking for a laugh at your expense . . . the very crowd for whom I studiously avoid performing.

I perform a lot for paid gigs in front of complete strangers and have never (the word is never) had a problem with people Google-outing me.

BTW Eddie, thank you a million-fold for using the proper construction 'could not care less'--the current fad of clipping it down to 'could care less' actually means the exact opposite of what the speaker intends to communicate. I know, I know, 'English professors, geez.' Proper response, I suppose. Nevertheless, bless your little wooden heart, Eddie.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Since I am new here and I had to google a lot of things, I can positively say that "haunted key" is a term which is common and you stumble upon it when you take your first steps.

But especially this "Trick" is perfect for someone to stumble upon because if you never tried it yourself, it stays unclear how it really works. Furthermore it is in itself quite a boring (sorry) effect which only becomes alive through the presentation and the presenter which is after all a secret you can not just google because you need to experience the difference.

Thank you for the Link, I am most interested in everything around this key.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I stand corrected...upon reconsideration and the wisdom of Eddie and Prof BC. I was overly concerned about it....however, IMHO, I will still refer to "Dopps" as such and as an owner would not use any terms that would make for an easy search by "the uninitiated". Too valuable a set of "props", routine and piece of genius to be widely disseminated with whatever they might discover, again IMHO!
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Cristobal
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaga (Spain)
288 Posts

Profile of Cristobal
I think is more probable they search for the term "magic" or "spooky magic". With both terms they'll find tons of material for magicians.

Also, if you try to encrypt our magic terms all you're gonna get is an useless search system in this forum. And if magicians want to find info in Google it will be impossible.

To get back on topic:

I want to give you this discount coupon of 3€ for "Living Key": BIZARREKEY (Add to cart the product, and enter the code). Works until Halloween!

Best
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Cristobal´s routine adds another layer of theatrical drama to this great simple classic.

We are offering his routine and my own thoughts with the Haunted Key in a new eBook called "Living Key PLUS".

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
I am wondering if "Living Key" is in any way similar to the work I published on the Haunted Key in "Heavily Haunted: Second Edition"? I am not making any accusations, I just would like to know the differences from someone who owns both. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
Cristobal sent me his manuscript to compare. While there are a couple of things similar to my routine (which is bound to happen with a Haunted Key routine), I found "Living Key" to be worthy of publishing and can see that Cristobal has put a lot of thought and work into his own version of the Haunted Key. There is also proper crediting, which I am very glad about. Bottom line: buy "Living Key" and "Heavily Haunted" and you will end up with something even more spectacular.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Referring to an earlier post in this thread...I have known Eddie for a number of years, and his claim to being ridiculous is valid. It is one of his best qualities, especially when combined with his (how to say this) "quirky" sense of humor!

Anything he says is good, is worth reading or seeing!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Cristobal
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaga (Spain)
288 Posts

Profile of Cristobal
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2014, Dale A. Hildebrandt wrote:
Cristobal sent me his manuscript to compare. While there are a couple of things similar to my routine (which is bound to happen with a Haunted Key routine), I found "Living Key" to be worthy of publishing and can see that Cristobal has put a lot of thought and work into his own version of the Haunted Key. There is also proper crediting, which I am very glad about. Bottom line: buy "Living Key" and "Heavily Haunted" and you will end up with something even more spectacular.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your words Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Living Key (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL