The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Maverick playing cards (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Hi
Can anyone tell me the difference between China and Ohio made? Are Ohio one layer?
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Is the US playing card company now making cards in China?
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Yes they say distributed in kuntucky made in China. Same with streamlines.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I've always used Mavericks for tricks where cards have to be destroyed - and then only in casual/impromptu performances. I couldn't tell you the difference between Ohio made and China made; IMHO Mavericks are lousy cards but at a buck a pop - and sometime TWO decks for a buck, they are useful. YMMV
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Are any other decks made in China beside the Mavericks and Streamlines?
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
I buy from merz67 on ebay. Good price. I just picked up a brick of kuntucky tally ho's can't tell the difference. I live in Canada so the cards at Walmart are China streamlines. Not that I care for them very much because they are flowery.
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Vlad I'm aware of the family dollar Mavericks I saw a review. I just take Mavericks and give them a beating. I've card warped. I bet Ohio Mavericks are mighty nice.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Per the Bicycle product catalog, both Maverick and Streamlines are now made in China. Hoyle Clear made in Taiwan.
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Hi
I figured it out. There is a big difference between China and Ohio made.

China is a thick plastic coating and you can't fero them and you can't grip two sometimes. They have a purple core that shows up on the sides.

Ohio is ivory finish thin cards with a navy blue core. Fero just fine. Buying a bunch from kardwell.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Just curious, but why would you spend $20 for a dozen at Kardwell when you can buy a brick of Bike Standards for less than $15 from Costco? And why would the Mavericks from Kardwell not be made in China?
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, LesL wrote:
Just curious, but why would you spend $20 for a dozen at Kardwell when you can buy a brick of Bike Standards for less than $15 from Costco? And why would the Mavericks from Kardwell not be made in China?

Are you getting Bicycles from Costco online or pickup at store?
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Is there a difference between the Costco Bicycle and the Bicycle Poker 808 box I sometimes see? The Costco cards do not have the familiar Bicycle rider back design on the case while the other does. I don't care about the box so much as the quality for the cards therein...

Tommy
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Marlo approved of them.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, tommyellison wrote:
Is there a difference between the Costco Bicycle and the Bicycle Poker 808 box I sometimes see? The Costco cards do not have the familiar Bicycle rider back design on the case while the other does. I don't care about the box so much as the quality for the cards therein...

It's been mentioned here before that the bricks at Costco aren't held to the same quality control levels as what you might buy elsewhere. Either "factor seconds", or "run faster" through their machines, or perhaps towards the latter part of runs where cutting blades aren't as sharp, etc.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:

Tommy

Bicycle Rider backs are now made in a Standard case. You can get the old 808 style boxes if you order 807 decks (confusing isn't it?) The 807 is an 808 deck in an old style 808 box.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, inigmntoya wrote:

It's been mentioned here before that the bricks at Costco aren't held to the same quality control levels as what you might buy elsewhere. Either "factor seconds", or "run faster" through their machines, or perhaps towards the latter part of runs where cutting blades aren't as sharp, etc.

I find them to be the same quality as the decks sold in any of the major retail chains (Walmart, etc.) It's all Q3 level quality, which ain't what it used to be. If it were a second it would be sold as a second. There is a market for those.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:

Are you getting Bicycles from Costco online or pickup at store?

At the store. It might be a loss leader at that price.
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
There are three types of Mavericks. The 1.75 type from China are crap. The type from kardwell are from China but they are good. Nice and thin not to plastic more like ivory.
Sorry but I think Ohio is of the past.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Alex, where are the cards on your website made?
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
China but they are nice quality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Maverick playing cards (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL