The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring leader vs. Relentless (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hi there, i'm looking to learn ring and rope routine and was considering these two videos. Is there a lot of repeated material between the two videos? Do you guys have any other recommendations?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Relentless is Bob Miller's routine. It teaches the moves and the sequence in which he performs them. RL is more of an encyclopedic work, teaching many different moves so you can make up your own routine. Many of the moves from the Miller video are on the Wilson video.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
I have not seen the relentless but I cannot recomment the Ring Leader video highly enough - Wilson has a great multi-phase routine that really makes you want to go out and do a ring and string routine. Further, the routine breaks down in to phases so you can do the whole routine, or just parts, or construct one of your own.

Mitch
Mitch Solway
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Hi everyone,

I have both videos.
I think both of them are as good. But it is up to your creativity. I can see the potential in both of them.

I just got the ring leader from a good friend recently and I am trying to spend some time practising the moves.

Frankly, the ring leader is slightly easier than the Relentless Ring routine. But this is subjective.

My 2 cents worth.
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
jmcgrath
View Profile
Regular user
Tomorrow I'll make another
147 Posts

Profile of jmcgrath
I would also back up Mitch about the quality of the Ring Leader video. When I want to learn a new type of routine I generally get information from at least 3 different sources so that I can be sure I have a good understanding of what is possible.

Ring Leader was the first one that I got for my ring and string routine, and it has been the last. There is so much info on it that I had to watch it several times (and take notes) before I could even start to build me own routine.

Even if you get the Relentless String video you have to have Ring Leader as well!

Regards,

John
John McGrath
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Thanks very much for the advice guys...looks like i'll just have to get both... Smile
variable75
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of variable75
Have any of you guys seen that new ring/string routine with the Chinese Coin? I forget the name, but it has been advertised in magic mag/Genii as the new greatest thing. I will look the name up when I get back home.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring leader vs. Relentless (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL