The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking Barbed Wire Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aroy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Aroy
Can anyone who has this trick review this please?

Would love to hear the pros and cons of the prop and the presentation that comes with it.

Thanks
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I have worked with the barb wire rings for several years, as you can see by my picture.

I've got to say that you definately need the right crowd for this. It eighter goes over great or you feel like your act is dying. Never has presentation been more important. I am from Youngstown Ohio, so I was able to do a prison themed presentation that usually worked great. Now, I'm not saying that everyone would have this problem, but I did. Another issue that I had, was that I could never find an appropriate ending. More or less I used the rings as a segue for an entire prison/gangster based act. I haven't used them in months and would love to break them back out if I can find a proper ending. Like I said, when they work they go over great. In fact, they were one of the most talked about segments of my winning competition acts for when I did the entire prison presentation.

As for construction, I have never had a problem, they are very well constructed. A few barbs occasionally come loose, but given the hundreds of times I was using them, that was normal wear and tear and easily fixed.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Have a hunk of hair (over a bold spot???) and when you remove a ring that you "carefully" put over your head, it comes away with a huge hung of your hair.

Can't follow that. Smile

Hung of hair? No... HUNK... sorry Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
If the 'barbs' are sticky enough you could toss them onto the stage curtains to 'put them away'
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
The hair gag always works great for me. It's ready in the back of my collar to be added to the rings.
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
I've seen these rings and they look great close up. It's up to you to come up with a fitting presentation but the rings themselves look very menacing.
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Hey, I live in Folsom, California and the prison theme goes over great. Pete, I love the hair idea! Thanks for the tip! All in all, if you can pull this off, great. But in the wrong hands, it can be the death of an act. If you can see yourself doing this, order a set.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
One good gag is to toss a ring to someone in the front to examine... watch them all jump out of the way... heheheheh

See the http://www.stevensmagic.com pictures of Bill Wells and I with the rings caught on both our outfits.

Just put the "necessary" somewhere and the rings will stick there... Smile
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Pete,

I start by putting a small box of bandaids in my volunteers breast pocket. Of course this contains the "necessary" and allows me to link there at any time. At the end, I just take the box back to get one out for the back of my head.

Christopher
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Good idea bandaids.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
I just bought the rings today. I agree with Christopher that this is more a presentation piece than a magic effect.

Any more ideas for gags?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You need hair for a great gag. Put one over head and when you remove it there's a patch of hair on it.

Hey, get a toupe... it comes off when you lift off the ring.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Uhm.... maybe I should grow some hair on my bald head so I could make a hair joke.
We magicians will do anything for a joke... Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Rig an undershirt to get tangled and pulled out the back of you shirt/jacket.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2004-01-28 12:44, Pete Biro wrote: See the http://www.stevensmagic.com pictures of Bill Wells and I with the rings caught on both our outfits. Smile

I was looking at those pictures the other day Pete. That's some funny stuff!!! That barbed wire is wicked stuff!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking Barbed Wire Rings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL