The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Metal Canes avaialble today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
All of my metal A. and V. Canes were made by Harakhan which are no longer available. Does anyone have experience with the metal canes that are available on the market today? Online, I've found only those made by Mahka Tendo (available from SEO, but only in blue at this time) and a new line offered through Bond Lee's company. I tried one of Mahka's A. Canes years ago when I met him and they were very good quality but I didn't care for the release which was just a metal loop (and not a spring like Harakhan's). I have no experience with Bond Lee's product. And I am sure there are other brands available that I do not know about. Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No one is making a name brand cane currently. You are correct, Harakhan are no longer available, and looks like never will be again. Mahka Tendo has passed away years ago, who is putting his name on the ones at Seo Magic has not been revealed.

The ones from China that Bond Lee sells is about your only choice currently. They have a fair price and they have the spring release you are looking for.

You can get the Bond Lee type from the eBay stores usually with free postage, or you can order them from Penguin. What is nice about the current Canes is that none need to be oiled like the very old originals.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17521

The latest version introduced on the market last September is Taiwan Ben Appearing Metal Cane. I don't know anything about this new offering or Taiwan Ben. It is the 1st to come with a DVD if that is worth anything.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17208
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Thank you for the info, Bill! As always, you're on the up and up.

Do you have any experience with Bond Lee's cane?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry, not I don't have any experience with the Bond Lee. You can look up his announcement further down in this forum. I suggested that they look exactly like the China canes on eBay, but he never commented on my statement. I can only say, they look like they have a good coating, and have the spring feature similar to the Harakhan.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Thanks, Bill.

Any metal V. Canes out there? Anyone?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes there is. I referenced Penguin Magic for you, if you would have entered Vanishing cane in their search engine, you would see they have one by Taiwan Ben.

Most people do not like to use the metal Vanishing cane, as if not handled properly, you can severely cut your hands and fingers. So besides the India silver can there are not any that I am aware of, they just don't sell like the appearing canes.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have one Russ Walsh Van. cane,and on DELUXE Walsh Cane. Both in excellent condition. I have NEVER cut a finger! If properly used, they are safe.

I'm retired, and don't use them anymore. I would accept offers! PM me.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1461 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I think originally that the Mahka Tendo canes were harahkan canes that he had painted...(or so he told me). With his passing, his widow authorized the canes now selling under his name, but I am sure if the release is not the same, that the current manufacturer has found a new supplier.

Just in the last few days I sold three harahkan vanishing canes for a total of $50.00 here on the Café! They were chrome in color (because I had buffed off the bronze color years ago) and I had used them in my act for years...but they worked perfectly! (It pays to visit the sales section now and then) I rarely ever got a cut from them or any other cane...it happens , but not often. No cane ever made could guarantee you wouldn't get an occasional cut. It's like a paper cut, it happens when you least expect it..or want it! but it doesn't stop you from using paper does it?

I use a Harhakan Bronze Vanishing cane now in my act and over the past year, I have bought on the Café' sales section: 4 brand new ones as spares...so I am set for the rest of my life I think! LOL

I think what Dick Oslund is offering should be snapped up by someone soon! These things (as we have learned) are not manufactured forever, and if you need a gimmick or prop for your show...it's good to have back ups.

I Use two flagstaves in my show and have a back up set...and am currently selling a THIRD set on the Café' sales forum!

Great advice from Bill and Dick...as always!

Regards-
J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Hi Jonathan, I missed those canes and had just posted this topic after they were sold.

I have Bronze Harakhan torch canes and they're awesome.

Hi Dick, I have no experience with Walsh Canes. What is the Deluxe? Thanks!
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
846 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I have a Harakhan Torch to Black Appearing Harakhan Cane for sale for $125, plus shipping. I also have a brand new Harakhan Bronze Appearing Cane for Sale for $90.

Lou
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Hi Lou. That sounds great. I've sent you a PM Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have the mahka tendo appearing cane.
I have had it for around 5 years.
I love it.very quick action.
Todd
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I have been cleaning out my "spares case" and realized I had a total of 4 EXTRA, BRAND NEW bronze vanishing canes... all Harahkan! I only need two backups so I am selling two. Here's the catch: The two that I am selling don't have the 'cap'. Of course, most canes can use the same size cap , you may even have extras lying around...I know I don't anymore!

I used to make fancy looking cane caps by taking the tops of Polo cologne bottles and using them... they are often gold or silver in color and fit perfectly! And they make the cane look even more realistic!

Anyway, because these BRAND NEW canes don't have caps, I am selling them for $100.00 each! and that includes FREE shipping in the USA.
Buy one or buy them both!
I'm going to list these today in the sales section... so act fast! PayPal only...
PM me

Thanks
J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
JNeal,
Sent a pm to sperris. Some time ago he searched for this canes.
Perhaps he is still interested!
Regards,
John
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thanks John...I have one cane left to sell

here's the link: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#4
visit me @ JNealShow.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7368 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Sperris is on the road. They just started the prebroadway tour of the Illusionsists here in Akron. Two Shows...Two standing Ovations. I will try to write a review shortly. But don't miss it when you have the chance.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
@Christopher Morro ..... the Bond Lee canes are well worth the money, I now have three (in addition to several Mahka Tendo ones). They are slimmer and, I think, slightly longer than the MT ones.

They are a joy to use, as are the MT ones.

Have fun,
Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Hi Dave,
I picked one of those up. You're right. They are good quality for the price. I was impressed.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1033 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I got three red canes when I met Tendo. Great canes!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Metal Canes avaialble today (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL