The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Accident again (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9061 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:

I'm glad to know about it, because I want to join the fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iii4I3QyV5o


an amazing leap from "no accident" to "conspiracy." Now you leapfrog to "fight"

do you see conspiracies under your bed? As a conspiracy of one, does it ever get lonely in there?

is that star the one you got on your grammar report card?

Great laughs in the morning. Thanks!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
132 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
I believe accidents happen. What bothers me is that in most cases there should be consequences because ultimately it's determined there was a cause. Unfortunately it's impossible to match the consequence with the event, especially with a loss of life. Whether a multi-million dollar lawsuit, prison time, or no consequence rarely match what the event deserves.

A classic example would be a pedestrian lawfully crosses the street while a responsible driver blinded by the sun "accidently" strikes and kills them. Most will say since the driver's vision was impaired he should have taken some preventative action. Others may say that the pedestrian should have been aware of the conditions experienced by drivers that time of day and taken preventative measures. In any case, a life was lost and a person's mental well-being shattered for life. What can possibly be equitable resolution to both parties? Another recent example could be the failed spacecraft launch. What if a spectator was killed by debris well within a "safe" area? The decision to destroy the rocket possibly saved many more lives than if the troubled launch continued. Maybe the expression "life sucks and then you die" is the most appropriate response.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
I accidentally farted.

Can I say "farted" at the Café?


Apparently.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
But you can't say f'tard.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, slowkneenuh wrote:
I believe accidents happen. What bothers me is that in most cases there should be consequences because ultimately it's determined there was a cause. Unfortunately it's impossible to match the consequence with the event, especially with a loss of life. Whether a multi-million dollar lawsuit, prison time, or no consequence rarely match what the event deserves.

A classic example would be a pedestrian lawfully crosses the street while a responsible driver blinded by the sun "accidently" strikes and kills them. Most will say since the driver's vision was impaired he should have taken some preventative action. Others may say that the pedestrian should have been aware of the conditions experienced by drivers that time of day and taken preventative measures. In any case, a life was lost and a person's mental well-being shattered for life lessons. What can possibly be equitable resolution to both parties? Another recent example could be the failed spacecraft launch. What if a spectator was killed by debris well within a "safe" area? The decision to destroy the rocket possibly saved many more lives than if the troubled launch continued. Maybe the expression "life sucks and then you die" is the most appropriate response.


In your first example, the driver is wholly responsible and liable - it's unlawful in California (and everywhere else, I strongly suspect) to drive faster than the conditions make safe, regardless of the posted speed limit. In California, that's called the "Basic Speed Law." You can get a speeding ticket for driving five miles per hour, in theory.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2687 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Way to be upset about a phrase not used since 2004.

You obviously don't read the news.

As for the gun issue.

Well, can't really say that I'm surprised - particularly not in a Country where you seem to allow any retard to actually own one.
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Way to be upset about a phrase not used since 2004.

You obviously don't read the news.

As for the gun issue.

Well, can't really say that I'm surprised - particularly not in a Country where you seem to allow any retard to actually own one.




'Bang' on !


Bobby Thomson
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Way to be upset about a phrase not used since 2004.

You obviously don't read the news.

As for the gun issue.

Well, can't really say that I'm surprised - particularly not in a Country where you seem to allow any retard to actually own one.


Silly rabbit. Nannies are for children.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
So I guess those kids who shoot each other with their parents' unsecured guns need nannies?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Way to be upset about a phrase not used since 2004.

You obviously don't read the news.

As for the gun issue.

Well, can't really say that I'm surprised - particularly not in a Country where you seem to allow any retard to actually own one.


As usual it degrades into name calling. Nice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
As usual it degrades into name calling. Nice.


+1 Danny


And a particularly despicable name to boot.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
As usual it degrades into name calling. Nice.


+1 Danny


And a particularly despicable name to boot.


Yea that was what I thought.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, funsway wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:

I'm glad to know about it, because I want to join the fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iii4I3QyV5o


an amazing leap from "no accident" to "conspiracy." Now you leapfrog to "fight"

do you see conspiracies under your bed? As a conspiracy of one, does it ever get lonely in there?

is that star the one you got on your grammar report card?

Great laughs in the morning. Thanks!


Ken, you don't like me, do you?

Too bad. I think you're kind of cute, in a fun sort of way.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Jeff-

What does it matter? I like you.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2687 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
As usual it degrades into name calling. Nice.


+1 Danny


And a particularly despicable name to boot.


Yea that was what I thought.

Oh my dear Danny.

Do the World a favour.

Makes you 15,351'st post something worth reading about son.

Failing that, send in 3 Corn Flake packets and get yourself a shooter.

I'll happily supply the ammunition.............if your social security payments won't stretch that far. Smile
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Nothing like a cheap shot about someone's age to liven up a conversation.

But if you're calling Danny "son," I guess that means you've been getting social security a lot longer than he has.

Now that you've slurred the mentally disabled and the aged, who's next?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
As usual it degrades into name calling. Nice.


+1 Danny


And a particularly despicable name to boot.


Yea that was what I thought.

Oh my dear Danny.

Do the World a favour.

Makes you 15,351'st post something worth reading about son.

Failing that, send in 3 Corn Flake packets and get yourself a shooter.

I'll happily supply the ammunition.............if your social security payments won't stretch that far. Smile


Does your government mommy let you buy ammunition?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It says a lot when someone manages to get attacked from both the right AND the left in NVMS. Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
And the center!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Nowhere to hide!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Accident again (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL