The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Email addresses and sites being hacked (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Firstly, please excuse the cross posting. It is important that this message is seen by both the escape and sideshow people:

Due to being very busy lately I have not been posting much, if at all. However I need to let everyone know that our website, and email address have recently been hacked, and used as the return address for a very large number of email virus attacks.

While I would usually see this as a random choice of spoofed address, in this case it seems personal. Why? Well, Sideshow Central was recently hacked, I believe that Joe Bates (Slims Sideshow) address was recently hacked, and now a message to Cannons Great Escapes has bounced back to my machine. Meaning that someone has used a spoofed version of our address to attack another related company.

This is certainly not a coincidence. I also just realised that I have not got any email at all to thefreakshow.co.uk for a few days. This is very unusual indeed, and leads to believe that someone is diverting my mail.

I will carry on looking into this myself. And I will find out who is behind it. I have some experience in internet security and friends in the business who will track the source. In the meantime everyone with websites should be very careful, and if anyone has received any unusual or virused messages from our web address, please delete them and let me know. The same goes if it seems I have ignored any messages. I may well not have received them.

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It sounds like the mydoom worm or other virus that has been recently released has gotten to you. Good luck with the clean up, and thanks for the warning.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Thanks for the advice Todd.

In order to not waste space here I will keep the rest of my replies on this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#2
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Email addresses and sites being hacked (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL