The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Do you ever get a really cool idea for a trick but will take some work to design what you need? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
I kind have a basic design but its just getting it done.

It would take some learning on my part and the way it works would have to be finalised first, but it would be a really cool trick if it works (and Im pretty sure it would)
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I keep notes on my ideas in case I ever get the chance to work them out. Most are routine ideas instead of new tricks. I just last week found an idea and said "wow, that would be a great trick!" It took me a couple of minutes to remember that it was my idea.

Patrick
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
It takes a lot of work to turn great ideas into reality. Lots of people have great ideas, but few have great achievements. Good luck with yours.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Great routines take a long time to work out - sometimes years. When you see signature routines from great magicians (like Suzanne's cups & balls), they didn't come up with that overnight or copy someone else's routine. They may have started with an existing routine from someone else (like Suzanne started with Al Schneider's C&B routine), then built a story, and then the props to fit the story.

If you want to perform great magic, you need to work on it. Get it right, and you will be performing it for years!

Hudson
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
All the time. Some have taken years to figure out and others just a short time. Some are currently in the process of being worked out and some are back burnered indefinitely.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
I'm not very good at making things, so most of my idea`s either stay ideas, or get quashed when I find out there's a marketed effect that looks like what I thought of. Maybe not as clean, but I sure as heck can't do it better.
zoescout
View Profile
New user
Washington
48 Posts

Profile of zoescout
I love trying to design my own tricks and illusions. Not to mass market but just for my own performances. I write down all of my ideas and try to work most of them out. About a quarter of them I actually try to build or design the trick past the idea stage. Not all of these actually work out, but I have been able to develop a handful of cool ones that I don't think anyone else is doing.

For illusions it helps to be handy at woodworking and metalworking and to have some type of shop to experiment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Do you ever get a really cool idea for a trick but will take some work to design what you need? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL